Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA at SEA - no lounge if BAEC.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:59 am
Original Poster

AA at SEA - no lounge if BAEC.

Got nice and early to SEA for my AA domestic flight. AA staff told me they use the Alaska Air lounge so I wandered up there only to be told that unless I am an AA card holder, no entry. They have no deal to put up other OW members.

The BA lounge opens at 1500 so that wasn't even an option, and since I was on a AA ticket I doubt they would have let me in anyway.

I know, first world problem but I am really surprised that OW doesn't have a lounge at what is a reasonably large airport.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
Originally Posted by simon1234567
I know, first world problem but I am really surprised that OW doesn't have a lounge at what is a reasonably large airport.
Considering that BA is the only OW airline (apart from AA) that uses Seatac, this seems about right to me. AA elites can use the Alaska Board Room, so apart from the odd non-AA OW status holder passing through, there's no real need.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by simon1234567
Got nice and early to SEA for my AA domestic flight. AA staff told me they use the Alaska Air lounge so I wandered up there only to be told that unless I am an AA card holder, no entry. They have no deal to put up other OW members.

The BA lounge opens at 1500 so that wasn't even an option, and since I was on a AA ticket I doubt they would have let me in anyway.

SEA isn't really a OW hub, with just a few AA flights and 1-2 BA flights per day. So, it's not totally surprising that there isn't a OW lounge there. The BA lounge is also used by a few other airlines. LH used to use it when I was flying with them.

Anthony's is always a good option in SEA. Way better food than in the lounges. Sometimes, I even go there for lunch before I wander off to the lounge.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Yep, of airports in the world where you don't really need a lounge, Seattle must be quite high up!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:23 am

If you have an Amex Platinum card, the Centurion lounge isn't bad. Failing that, the rocking chairs by the big windows in the main terminal are nice.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Alaska do take Priority Pass, but yes this is one of life's annoyances. There is access if connecting internationally in business or above (and that means outwith North America and associated islands). Also affects Terminal 6 in LAX. Other places with no lounges include Houston and Las Vegas, however there is a lounge in such places as BUF and BDL....
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by revan
Considering that BA is the only OW airline (apart from AA) that uses Seatac, this seems about right to me. AA elites can use the Alaska Board Room, so apart from the odd non-AA OW status holder passing through, there's no real need.
Would someone connecting to an AA TATL in J be allowed access if starting in SEA? I have a SEA->CLT->LHR coming up next year...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by bonzo
Would someone connecting to an AA TATL in J be allowed access if starting in SEA? I have a SEA->CLT->LHR coming up next year...
Only Admirals Club members and other passengers with Admirals Club privileges (through credit cards, various passes, etc.) flying on AA and AS have access to the Board Room at SEA.

It is different at LAX (T6) where usual access rules apply.

Last edited by Andriyko; Nov 24, 2015 at 11:10 am
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bonzo
Afraid not.. I had a first AA seat to Chicago from SEA, no lounge access..
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bermyandy
Afraid not.. I had a first AA seat to Chicago from SEA, no lounge access..
That would be correct if terminating in ORD.

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Only Admirals Club members and other passengers with Admirals Club privileges (through credit cards, various passes, etc.) flying on AA and AS have access to the Board Room at SEA.

It is different at LAX (T6) where usual access rules apply.
Are these very recent changes? T6 certainly wasn't allowing BAEC Golds in a few weeks ago, there was a stream of them. And approx 8 weeks ago the SEA boardroom was allowing international Business / First travel so long as the first leg was AA.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are these very recent changes? T6 certainly wasn't allowing BAEC Golds in a few weeks ago, there was a stream of them.
Sounds like a mistake, if those Emeralds were flying AA. The arrangement with the Board Room in LA (unlike in SEA) has been to follow normal oneworld access rules since US moved over there.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...s/lax-club.jsp
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Any opinion whether the board room or the centurion lounge is more worthy of payment for entry? I'm connecting BA to AS and am under the impression I can't use the BA lounge without an onward flight?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are these very recent changes? T6 certainly wasn't allowing BAEC Golds in a few weeks ago, there was a stream of them. And approx 8 weeks ago the SEA boardroom was allowing international Business / First travel so long as the first leg was AA.
This is really strange. SEA has always only admitted Admirals Club members and those with passes/credit cards with access, and normal OW rules (class of service/status) never applied there. But at LAX normal OW rules have applied since US moved there.

Last edited by Andriyko; Nov 25, 2015 at 5:47 am
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Arsey00
Any opinion whether the board room or the centurion lounge is more worthy of payment for entry? I'm connecting BA to AS and am under the impression I can't use the BA lounge without an onward flight?
AS Boardrooms are very similar to AA (or more specifically US) Clubs, basic provision to put it politely. Centurions are several notches above that, borderline Flounge-ish. And yes, if your onward flight is not oneworld then no BA lounge, plus they can't be used as arrival lounges.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Thanks, CWS. I've been to DFW and LAS centurions (and enjoyed them very much) but SEA is centurion-lite, with no hot food as I understand it, so was wondering if it's still worth the money.

Is SEA a particularly small airport? The BA lounge is too small to use standard one world rules, Amex has a mini lounge...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.