Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA at SEA - no lounge if BAEC.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:33 am

SEA by passenger volume is similar size as LGW. By space SEA is smallish apparently with about 4square miles vs. say Denver at 53sq miles. Its also dominated by Alaska and with Delta more recently investing to use SEA as its hub on the west coast, meaning there is a pretty small AA or UA presence. There used to be an Admirals lounge in Concourse A but that went a few years ago and is now a 3rd party lounge which does allow priority pass members.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Arsey00
Any opinion whether the board room or the centurion lounge is more worthy of payment for entry? I'm connecting BA to AS and am under the impression I can't use the BA lounge without an onward flight?
As someone was advised a week or so ago, I would save the money on the lounge and use it for lunch/dinner at Anthony's or Ivars in the main terminal.

SEA does not have a large oneworld presence and AS is not a member of oneworld, hence no lounge access. Further, the BA lounge has limited hours and is not available for use as an arrivals and as you are connecting to a non-oneworld there is no connecting access under oneworld rules. If you are flying AS in first class then you are entitled to access the AS boardroom.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
As someone was advised a week or so ago, I would save the money on the lounge and use it for lunch/dinner at Anthony's or Ivars in the main terminal.
+1. Ivar's Seafood Bar is a Seattle classic, and well worth a visit. If you're not hungry, or just want a small snack, there's a Vino Volo that offers a very interesting selection of local wines too.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
+1. Ivar's Seafood Bar is a Seattle classic, and well worth a visit. If you're not hungry, or just want a small snack, there's a Vino Volo that offers a very interesting selection of local wines too.
Hmmm..wine and/or seafood at 7am. Not sure I could have stomached that.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:44 am

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
Have to say the BA SEA lounge has the best cocktails and bartender (Jose) -
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by greg5
Anthony's is always a good option in SEA. Way better food than in the lounges. Sometimes, I even go there for lunch before I wander off to the lounge.
Another vote here for Anthony's, even when lounges are open.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by lotus918
Have to say the BA SEA lounge has the best cocktails and bartender (Jose) -
The blue cheese olive martini he makes is excellent. ^
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Jose in the BA lounge is a star!

Anyhow, you can only access the BA lounge if you are on the departing BA Seattle flights - period. Trust me I have tried - flying US or AA, and even connecting to a BA flight later that day. The answer is a flat no, 'we have it in our written in the T&C's in our book, look here'.

You used to get access to the AS lounge if you were flying first, as I had access when I flew US Airways, but now since the US Air is no more, and it is the happy AA family now, I was told (by AA checking who didn't know the situation and had to call AS) you don't get access unless you fligh transcontinent to JFK, MIA etc. As security took forever I had no time to use it even if I could.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:48 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That would be correct if terminating in ORD.

Are these very recent changes? T6 certainly wasn't allowing BAEC Golds in a few weeks ago, there was a stream of them.
No change: to access Alaska Lounge in T6 you need to be an Admirals Club member or connect to/from international long-haul oneWorld flight. The AS agent told me they asked AA quite a few times to correct the web site info. As the underground corridor between T6-T5-T4 is now open you can be in T4 Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge in less than 10 minutes.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TPJ
No change: to access Alaska Lounge in T6 you need to be an Admirals Club member or connect to/from international long-haul oneWorld flight. The AS agent told me they asked AA quite a few times to correct the web site info. As the underground corridor between T6-T5-T4 is now open you can be in T4 Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge in less than 10 minutes.
OK, that's what I thought: the website is wrong for LAX. Thanks for sharing that.

So if your flight is from LAX T6 and you are BAEC, you best go to T4 Admirals/Flagship and hang on in there until 50 minutes before departure (and no longer) so you can get to the T6 gates 30 minutes before departure, they can be strict on this. If you have a PriorityPass and you are Silver then you may as well use the T6 Boardroom, it's a similar level to Admirals. There is also a bus service from T4 to T6 but it's very poorly arranged, probably only of use to those with mobility issues.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:33 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So if your flight is from LAX T6 and you are BAEC, you best go to T4 Admirals/Flagship and hang on in there until 50 minutes before departure (and no longer) so you can get to the T6 gates 30 minutes before departure, they can be strict on this.
All correct!

Enjoy!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
If BA have two 744 aircraft leaving in high season, why do they only open their lounge for one of these departures (approx 3-4h)?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
If BA have two 744 aircraft leaving in high season, why do they only open their lounge for one of these departures (approx 3-4h)?
Unless something has changed it's always been open when I've e flown on 52, although last time was Nov but was on a DL TPAC last Fri and their lounge is next to BAEC and the BAEC was full of people presumably for 52.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cmanc
Unless something has changed it's always been open when I've e flown on 52, although last time was Nov but was on a DL TPAC last Fri and their lounge is next to BAEC and the BAEC was full of people presumably for 52.
The BA website, and Flyertalk lounge guide, say it doesn't open until 15:00, and the first 744 leaves at 13:55...
Old Feb 6, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
The BA website, and Flyertalk lounge guide, say it doesn't open until 15:00, and the first 744 leaves at 13:55...
The lounge is open for all the BA flights. It opens early each day that the early flight is operating.
See, e.g., this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...hours-sea.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.