Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA First LHR T3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just to put a note here, I've added something to the CCR wiki and I'll probably put notes in the main Flounge and CCR threads over time. There have been a few comments about this already but just to make things clear:

First Pre-Flight Dining - T3 First Class Lounge

There is a First Dining Room inside T3 - in the evenings this is for First travellers (as opposed to Gold cardholders) plus a few others. This is open to general use until approx 17:30 hrs on a self serve basis, when a trolley goes across the entrance. It then offers the CCR menu from 18:30 onwards to eligible passengers. The CCR dining thread is available via the Forum Dashboard. Full waiter(ess) service from this point onwards at the table. This is what the sign says:

This actually looks like the old sign, if my memory serves correctly.

CCR Cardholders: I used this yesterday, I was led through by the Specials so I wasn't able to check eligibility in a direct sense, however I recognised the BaxterStorey lounge manager (she has worked in the Lounges a long time) and without prompting she said CCR cardholders were welcome. So ask for her if there is a problem. You will need the card, they do not have a membership file to hand, and the front desk is some distance away.
is that true from 18:30 onwards, showing CX F boarding pass (CX254) can enjoy First Pre-Flight Dining at T3 First Class Lounge?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:50 am

also, any menu samples for First Pre-Flight Dining - T3 First Class Lounge after 18:30? is that same as that offered at First Pre-Flight Dining - T5 First Class Lounge?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by derek2010
is that true from 18:30 onwards, showing CX F boarding pass (CX254) can enjoy First Pre-Flight Dining at T3 First Class Lounge?
No, unless perhaps some local arrangement have been made for CX now that their own lounge has been closed. I am not aware of any such arrangement, but they will tell you at check-in if this is in place (and please let us know here). Broadly speaking this facility is for BA customers travelling First to Cape Town.

Originally Posted by derek2010
also, any menu samples for First Pre-Flight Dining - T3 First Class Lounge after 18:30? is that same as that offered at First Pre-Flight Dining - T5 First Class Lounge?
As mentioned above, it's the same as the CCR, see the Forum Dashboard. The T5 Flounge options remain available since that is what most passengers in the lounge will be eating.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, unless perhaps some local arrangement have been made for CX now that their own lounge has been closed. I am not aware of any such arrangement, but they will tell you at check-in if this is in place (and please let us know here). Broadly speaking this facility is for BA customers travelling First to Cape Town.

As mentioned above, it's the same as the CCR, see the Forum Dashboard. The T5 Flounge options remain available since that is what most passengers in the lounge will be eating.
I can see that on the sign, Oneworld F passengers seems can use the facility
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:04 am

Last edited by adrianjc32; Apr 2, 2017 at 5:18 am
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
That sign makes absolutely no sense and has clearly been written by somebody with no understanding of the cabin classes/airlines/statuses involved. It's also completely not on brand, so I'm assuming shouldn't be visible for passengers.

Basically what the sign is saying is that Pre-Flight Dining in the T3 Galleries First lounge is open between 18:30-21:30 for BA Premier passengers, BA First passengers (plus one guest), BA First GGL passengers (plus two guests), Qantas First Class passengers (plus one guest), Qantas Chairman's Lounge passengers travelling on Qantas (plus two guests).

The guests for 'normal' First passengers goes against the general policy, and the fact that CCR Cardholders aren't mentioned is poor (as really this should be branded as a Concorde Dining Room, and open throughout BA First departure times).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.