Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at 2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club 1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380 RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) 600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for 1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for 1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Damn wanted another over easter - never mind
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:45 am

Danggit. Was just starting to look and planning to book as soon as I found something.

Ah well.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Yeah - looks like the fares have gone, at least for some dates. Was looking at STT for 734. Given that they have been around for a couple of days I didn't think it needed a 'book now, cancel later if necessary' approach. Given that I wasn't sure if my in-laws would go for the Virgin Islands and it sometimes takes them a little while to make a decision, I played it safe. Ah well, there will be others! Great job for all who did book.

Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:53 am

Just out of interest, why do people think these were pulled? It's some days away from the book by date. Also, they were not as low as Viking, so low, but normal sale fares, and were on for a few days. Maybe they proved too popular?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 6:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Just out of interest, why do people think these were pulled? It's some days away from the book by date. Also, they were not as low as Viking, so low, but normal sale fares, and were on for a few days. Maybe they proved too popular?
I am not sure if the fare itself has been pulled or that merely the fare base price has been increased. Very much seems like a keenly priced fare possibly launched at a lower price for a few days and then, depending on demand, increased in price.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I am not sure if the fare itself has been pulled or that merely the fare base price has been increased. Very much seems like a keenly priced fare possibly launched at a lower price for a few days and then, depending on demand, increased in price.

Ah ok. It certainly seems like flash sales to a few destinations are the new way forward. Actually this could be quite positive, as the fares have been lower. I've never seen anything in the Caribbean that low. Hawaii was a good one, but not as low as it has been.

From my point of view, I'm slightly relieved, as for the trip we're planning none of the destinations were quite right. We probably would have gone with STT - simply because of the low fare - but it may not have been that easy for my in-laws! I have no real chance of Gold, or the need to go after it, so keeping Silver with one large trip per year (then using a 241) is fine for me. I’ll wait for the next one.

Last edited by gustavmahler; Sep 26, 2016 at 7:47 am
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Vaguely OT, I now find myself in AMS on Sun 6th Nov with no return home booked.

So if anyone knows of a TP-efficient fare which allows a stopover in Europe on that date with onward travel post 8th Mar then by all means let me know

(Otherwise it's slinking back to LGW on an RFS for me...)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by teledude
Damn wanted another over easter - never mind
With DC in December I was trying to decide between ORD or Caribbean in March. Had got some nice multi stop routings sorted last night and was just sitting down to book after a hectic morning at work...

Will just have to wait for an attractive QR option to Philippines, NZ or Australia.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Did the intern from last summer get a full time position?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Did the intern from last summer get a full time position?
I thought we had a collection and sent the intern a crate of champagne?

Sadly no intern of similar competence levels has appeared this summer.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:36 am

973 euros with Delta....
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Also booked RTM-LCY-JFK-MIA-SJU-MIA-BWI-LHR-CDG for 700. A318 on the outbound and 787 on the return. Nice little break to SJU in February.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
I booked a JFK trip from AMS with hotels on BA.com for about €1,400 each, more than happy with that in March, I was just trying to get Easter approval to book another trip but by the time the approval came the fare was gone. Still happy with what I have booked and something else will come up before Easter I'm sure.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The RTM-CHI fare was repriced at 07:21.

Historical fare information from yesterday:

Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   IKN4S4T1       I‡R   454.00        T26SE 14   SU/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-RTM TO-CHI    CXR-BA    TVL-26OCT16  RULE-J676 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-IKN4S4T1          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
EUR   405.00  CONS  E24SEP16 D-INFINITY   FC-IKN4S4T1  FN-6S   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 23SEP16/0415  EXPIRES 26SEP16/0721
(The expiry date is retroactively amended when the fare is replaced.)

Current information:

Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   IKN4S4T1       I‡R  1015.00     ----     14/3 SU/12M AT01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-RTM TO-CHI    CXR-BA    TVL-26OCT16  RULE-J676 IPRA/1
FARE BASIS-IKN4S4T1          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
EUR   905.00  CONS  E27SEP16 D-INFINITY   FC-IKN4S4T1  FN-2L   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 26SEP16/0721  EXPIRES INFINITY
4 and 9 are not very close to each other on the keyboard, so you'd have to be positively obese to blame this on a fat finger error.

Last edited by Calchas; Sep 26, 2016 at 9:14 am
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
The RTM-CHI fare was repriced at 07:21.

Historical fare information from yesterday:

Thanks. I thought this might be the case.

As noted by gustavmahler we have seen this a few times now for longer running sales (this fare is running to 4 October), so early very good price set for a few days followed by a price increase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.