Wiki Posts
Search

Gold/Emerald luggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Gold/Emerald luggage allowance

Feel this is a rookie question but I wanted to double check - are BA Gold members/Oneworld Emerald flyers entitled to 3 pieces x 32kg of checked baggage on international itineries on any Oneworld airline? The airline in question is Cathay Pacific

And what is the cabin baggage rules?

I'm a little unclear after the enhancements across all Oneworld airlines at the start of this year.

Last edited by SinoBritAsia; Aug 31, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
Feel this is a rookie question but I wanted to double check - are BA Gold members/Oneworld Emerald flyers entitled to 3 pieces x 32kg of checked baggage on international itineries on any Oneworld airline?

And what is the cabin baggage rules?

I'm a little unclear after the enhancements across all Oneworld airlines at the start of this year.
No. It depends on what the base allowance is of the airline in question

From http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/emerald-privileges

Originally Posted by OW
Extra baggage allowance

As an Emerald frequent flyer you can check in one additional bag for free in addition to your ticketed baggage allowance when you fly on oneworld airlines. If your ticket mentions a weight allowance, you can check in an extra 20kgs (44lbs). (This benefit is not available on British Airways 'Hand Baggage Only' fares on select short-haul routes.)
If, for example, travelling on a route where the allowance is 20Kg, then will be allowed a total of 40Kg . If the allowance is one piece of 23Kg, then an extra 1 piece of 23Kg would be allowed

There is no additional allowance on hand luggage. Whatever the airline in question allows , applies to all

Also, be aware if travelling on multiple carriers on a trip , ( unless on trip to/from USA) that the allowance per check in may vary depending on whose allowances apply for that part of the journey
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
No. It depends on what the base allowance is of the airline in question

From http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/emerald-privileges

If, for example, travelling on a route where the allowance is 20Kg, then will be allowed a total of 40Kg . If the allowance is one piece of 23Kg, then an extra 1 piece of 23Kg would be allowed
Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:31 am

In addition to the hold baggage rules, CX don't really care about what you bring on as cabin baggage (within reason). Your standard roll aboard and a backpack would be absolutely fine.

Anecdotally, and by no means written down anywhere, but CX have also turned a blind eye to me on the couple of occasions i have gone over my check in weight allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.