Search

OTish: Best Place for Breakfast T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35K

Hi all,

will be connecting in T5 tomorrow with a 4 hour layover in mid-morning (get in at 8:15 - fly out at 12:20). I was wondering what is the best place to get a good sit-down cooked full-english breakfast? I'm thinking something like sausages, eggs, hash browns, etc. Does Giraffe serve breakfast? Any other options?

Unfortunately lounges are not an option as travelling in WTP. That is unless someone one here is able and nice enough to guest 2 people in.

Many thanks,

TUF
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: BA-GOLD
I've had breakfast at Giraffe a number of times during the periods of non-status. It is definitely the place I would recommend. I can't remember if they have a full english, but they do have quite a range of breakfast items from what I recall. Service can be a bit slow though, so make sure you leave enough time.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here's what Plane Food does, note that this was 2 breakfasts, you should just about get change of 15. There is power and wifi, choose the banquettes towards the apron, the power is at head height for some reason.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22060755-post9.html
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:15 am
Moz

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by sstolp
I've had breakfast at Giraffe a number of times during the periods of non-status. It is definitely the place I would recommend. I can't remember if they have a full english, but they do have quite a range of breakfast items from what I recall. Service can be a bit slow though, so make sure you leave enough time.
I love the breakfast in Giraffe. Yes they have a great full english.

^
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Giraffe do serve breakfast. Various options, some familiar, some a bit out there. But they do a full English. Always quick service there and good food. Nice flat white also.

I normally tell them if I'm not in a massive rush so they don't feel they have to throw everything at me.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
The options are essentially (with links to each breakfast menu):

- Giraffe
- Ramsay's Plane Food
- Huxleys
- Crown Rivers (Wetherspoons)

I'm afraid I can't give a personal recommendation for any as I'm usually in the CCR of GF
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: ECH Gold
Believe it or not the best English breakfast I have had in T5 has been Waggamammas. As I am off tomorrow early I shall be going there
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
If you having Flounge access I love the breakfasts in there!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cuspidor
Believe it or not the best English breakfast I have had in T5 has been Waggamammas. As I am off tomorrow early I shall be going there
I agree - I have tried both Giraffe and Wagamama and prefer the latter.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.

I like the breakfast in plane food, you can find s nice quiet area in there to kill some time
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Options for a full breakfast airside in T5 are:

Gordon Ramsay Plane Food
Wagamama
Giraffe
Huxley's
The Crown Rivers
Pilots

T5 will be very busy tomorrow, and as such I would bet that Plane Food will be the quietest of those listed above and generally the better all round experience. The Crown Rivers in particular is nearly always packed and quite dingy, and has a horrible hectic atmosphere. Plane Food, Wagamama and Giraffe are all light and airy and offer good views of the airport. Huxley's is relatively dark with no natural light, whilst Pilots is at the quieter end of the terminal and is probably the next best option after Plane Food.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Personally if I didn't have access to GF I'd be content with something from Pret for breakfast. I'm not really a morning person so I just have something quick and smile most of the time. The only time that I really have a big breakfast these days is when passing through T5 as the GF spread is too tempting to refuse.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Highly recommend Giraffe. Snappy service and good quality food.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35K
Thanks for all the advice everyone! Ended up going to Giraffe, and had a good meal overall.

Now sitting in a pretty empty T5C trying to kill time for the next hour and a half. If anyone has any ideas...?

TUF

PS: Also today at 9 AM Flight Connections was completely empty! Got through in a matter of minutes, unlike my last few times I've gone through.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best place is beside the printers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.