Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Masters Thesis Study, help requested : Which loyalty benefits do you value the most?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Masters Thesis Study, help requested : Which loyalty benefits do you value the most?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
Completed.
Note some members have status beyond BA Gold and compare themselves to other elite programmes, eg Global Services and Concierge Key.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
Done.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Also done.

The things I got a bit stuck on...

4: Number of flights about equal, but business flights longer so answered on mileage ratio basis.

6: Choosing airline for an FFP, or for booking an actual flight? This was more complex when BD were flying as Diamond Club was a great programme to earn and burn on, but many (including myself) never set foot on BD aircraft, only on other *A carriers. In the end I read it as "When booking a flight how important are the FFP benefits you can exercise on it?"

18: This is a bit complex. If this mythical level was just for me I'd happily take those benefits for what I fly already . But if I wanted to protect them and make them special for me when I got there I'd want to set it high enough that not everyone else would get there . So I decided to treat it as how big a discretionary TP run would I do to get (in my case) Gold over and above what I currently earn (which is higher than the 600 but less than 1500).

21: Is this supposed to be based only on the benefits shown, and not personal experience / other knowledge? I couldn't quite put aside all that I know about FB ...

I hope my interpretations don't skew things too much .

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Jun 29, 2015 at 2:57 pm Reason: Trying to clarify my approach to Q18
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Completed
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Done - not sure if I quite got gist of q17 though
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Done!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
completed, regards
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:05 am

Done. Be interested in the results.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Completed.

Thanks I found it interesting and it prompted me to start looking into changing airline alliances as for the first time I had to critically assess which things I really value in a loyalty programme. Your survey made it clear that BA aren't really ticking the right boxes for me anymore after the most recent devaluation.

Good luck with it.
Bob
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXEC PLAT, TK*G
Completed. Good luck!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:03 am

Completed, looking forward to seeing the results
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Completed, a well written and presented survey. If nothing else you have a career writing surveys ;-)
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Without bothering to fill in the form, the main driver for me (with airline schemes) is the ability to get what I want, when I want it.

This means the only BA Gold benefits I value are:

Gold Priority Redemptions (any seat, any flight for double Avios) and
ability to book Row 1 on short-haul

With hotels, the only benefits I value are those which are guaranteed. I place zero value on something which is 'subject to availability'.

Hence free breakfast and free wi-fi I value. The IC Ambassador 4pm GUARANTEED check-out (plus guaranteed upgrade, guaranteed free fruit and water etc) is another one I rely on heavily.

I will not pick one hotel over another simply because I have status at one and MAY get an upgrade if they are feeling generous on the day. That doesn't cut it for me.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
Without bothering to fill in the form
Why not fill in the nice man's form?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cutting42
Completed, a well written and presented survey. If nothing else you have a career writing surveys ;-)
Haha, thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.