Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Masters Thesis Study, help requested : Which loyalty benefits do you value the most?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Masters Thesis Study, help requested : Which loyalty benefits do you value the most?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Done, some interesting questions, but I often felt there is a lot to be said about the wider alliance-wide benefits that would impact some answers, but none of this has been asked.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Done it and good luck with your masters.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Completed
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
did it.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ung1
...If you have status with BA, please spend 5 - 10 minutes responding to this survey...
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I got thrown orf after saying I was a Blue. Why bother including it?
Indeed, Blue is a BAEC status, albeit the lowest one.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 4:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium

Done. Would you be sharing the final results? It would be great to see the results of your study. Thanks very much.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; VS Lifetime Gold
Have now completed your fascinating survey as objectively as possible (for a classical economist who's recently discovered behavioural science). Sampling difficulties aside, it would have been instructive to include Virgin Atlantic Flying Club as well as BA Executive Club, since many UK-based FT'ers belong to both.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Completed. Much easier to complete than some of those annoying BA Nunwood surveys which I abandon halfway through
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
The question "what percentage of members of the FFP have your status" got me thinking. Anyone know the actual breakdown?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: BA silver
It's a shame you don't include Blue. Some of those will have been silver or gold in the past. Also might be blue as other programmes may contain better benefits for them.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by fiona
It's a shame you don't include Blue. Some of those will have been silver or gold in the past. Also might be blue as other programmes may contain better benefits for them.
Agree with fiona you should include Blue for the reasons outlined above. In fact if you want to understand the long term view of members over time it would be interesting to take an 'average status'. So though I might be Silver at this point in time, over my 14 years of having any status I have calculated that I have been (based on averaging tier points) a very high Silver. Or to put it another way, despite my 6 years of not being Gold against 8 years of having been Gold, I come out as being (on average) 79% Gold.

And during those 14 years therefore, I would have had a different 'average BAEC experience' to my actual experience in any one year. That 'average experience' over time is what affects my loyalty and views of the benefits of BAEC, much more that what might happen in any one year. This is also important if one considers that for many of us, if you want to save up for a LH trip in F, you will need loyalty over a number of years on one airline (or alliance) to save up the requisite mileage.

PS Accept that this is my view and for others... YMMV.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 2:03 am

I did this on my phone and was unable to scroll the table of FT benefits to compare EK, LH etc. Never did see what AF offer.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
The question "what percentage of members of the FFP have your status" got me thinking. Anyone know the actual breakdown?
I suspect that if someone answers that question on here it would negate the point of the question on the survey
Old Jun 28, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Yes... But No I'm not spilling!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I did this on my phone and was unable to scroll the table of FT benefits to compare EK, LH etc. Never did see what AF offer.
I did it on my BlackBerry tablet and found I had to press and hold to scroll both on that and another website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.