Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dragonair to BA Baggage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6501
How do you do this?
Like this
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lucanesque

This might be teaching grandma to suck eggs etc., and is definitely off topic (sorry mods), but if your visit coincides with a full moon then take a trip in to Hoi An, it's beautiful with all the street lights turned off and only lanterns and the moon providing the light. Dates for 2015 are here.
Thanks - we did have a wonderful evening in Hoi An, but didn't know to go on a full moon!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Do remember to claim back the HKD120 airport taxes if this is a connection.
(though personally, I would stop over at HKG.)

Like this.
Interesting, thanks.

If only LHR had the same - it would make my award bookings so much simpler!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Interesting, thanks.

If only LHR had the same - it would make my award bookings so much simpler!
Actually it is possible to get an APD refund as well-use the rate desk if necessary
(JDiver, a mod on the AA board, reported being able to do so, though for the most part, I have not done this and rather played it safer by booking separate tickets the other way, i.e.
BA LONDUS
AA DUSCHI, on a separate ticket with intention to upgrade DUSCHI-this was cheaper than flying LON-CHI due to APD.)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's great. ^

Actually it is possible to get an APD refund as well-use the rate desk if necessary
(JDiver, a mod on the AA board, reported being able to do so, though for the most part, I have not done this and rather played it safer by booking separate tickets the other way, i.e.
BA LONDUS
AA DUSCHI, on a separate ticket with intention to upgrade DUSCHI-this was cheaper than flying LON-CHI due to APD.)
I think, under the precise language of the regulation, the APD is due if the tickets are separate, even if you only intend to stay in London for a few hours. AA might refund the difference but it will still be collected from them by HMRC at the end of the year.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../schedule/made
See note 5, Flight A and Flight B must be on the same ticket or on two tickets that are conjunction tickets.

Last edited by Calchas; Jun 22, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.