Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First Time BA Club World Passenger at JFK Help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes, but the CW desks are closed at that time. Go to the WT/WT+ desks around the corner.

Sorry I am really new, what does "WT" mean? If I just goto the regular BA Checking area, the CW line , it won't work?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
WT = World Traveller (economy class check in)
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
WT = World Traveller (economy class check in)
Thank you so much! So are these CW and WT desks different than the regular checking counters? I am just not sure if you guys are referring to a separate area.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
At JFK there are two check-in areas for BA flights - on the left is the premium check-in area for First and Club World passengers, and on the right is the general check-in area for all other passengers.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Can I ask if anyone out there has successfully checked into a club world flight that leaves at 11pm in the morning?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by castcore
Can I ask if anyone out there has successfully checked into a club world flight that leaves at 11pm in the morning?
Here's the first example I came across when I did a search:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...check-jfk.html

And there were other examples in the search results. It's reasonably well known that you can check in bags from around 9 am through to about 11 am or so, though it's not something I've personally done. It's also well known that AA can through check baggage for you too.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Taylor Street Baristas
Deleted
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:44 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And there were other examples in the search results. It's reasonably well known that you can check in bags from around 9 am through to about 11 am or so, though it's not something I've personally done. It's also well known that AA can through check baggage for you too.
Stupid question... why would the BA check-in desks be open from 9am-11am? The day flights would have long since departed.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

I did some more digging and I can checking in online 24 hours in advance and print my boarding pass. So I guess the question is how early will I be able to drop my bags off for my 11PM flight? Any insights would be appreciated.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:05 pm

Did you read the link above? That seems to answer your query.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Did you read the link above? That seems to answer your query.

Yes so seems like Desk is open from 9AM to 11AM so I should be able to check in and drop off bags at that time?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:32 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yes so seems like Desk is open from 9AM to 11AM so I should be able to check in and drop off bags at that time?
Why do you need to do that? AA will check your bags from SFO to LHR, you don't need to pick them up at JFK.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Why do you need to do that? AA will check your bags from SFO to LHR, you don't need to pick them up at JFK.
It was suggested in Post #5 that AA will not check bags through where, as here, the connection time exceeds 12 hours. The OP can certainly try to get AA to through-check the baggage, but needs to have a Plan B if AA says no.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yes, I would love for AA to take them and check them through, and I plan on trying! Do you know AA to take them with such a long connection?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
There's one at T8 too, I've used it when I didn't want to take all my luggage on part of a TP run
Thanks, didn't know that, couldn't find it mentioned online anywhere. Where is it in T8? I have an upcoming itinerary where that would be very handy indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.