Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else skipping The Cabanas lately?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
I never used them for sleep or TV, but thought they were somewhat practical for working and phone calls. Now, the terrace is far more ideal.
Is there a plan to have more power sockets available on the terrace?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Luxurious Space? Is it Friday joke time already?
I am talking in general. I would not choose to spend time in a windowless room at the top luxury hotel even if it's free and comes with all amenities.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
More power sockets in the lounge as well as the terrace would be most welcome! I would estimate only 10% of CCR seats are next to power sockets. This aspect of the CCR is like something out of the 1980s.

I frankly think that adding more power sockets and replacing some of the more worn-out furniture (such as the cabana couches) would be the two biggest improvements to the CCR that BA could do in the short term.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:00 am

One of the other reasons I hurried out of the Cabana yesterday was that the power sockets didn't work. On the terrace, the only ones I found were underneath the table (with the magazines) in the middle.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tiny Clanger
I tend to visualise this, actually...

Which is probably giving people a good clue as to my age
I used to love them, but I think I was only one of a select few as I think they were dropped very quickly.

I've never used the BA cabana - as I dont really see the point of them .
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I haven't flown F this year yet so it's been a while, but I don't recall any nastiness in the cabana. I never use them when traveling alone, but as a couple they are good. It's nice when you can order your dinner and have it delivered with a bottle of Champagne on ice. It's effectively a private dining room at that point. And I always make good use of the free world-wide calling on desk phone.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Just been to Cabana 2. Things look good there apart from missing batteries from the TV control. The shower is in an average but useable state too.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Just been to Cabana 2. Things look good there apart from missing batteries from the TV control
Who does that? I guess someone needed a replacement battery for their Bose QC15s and was too tight to buy some from one of the many shops in T5.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveF
Sounds just like Petrus description of the day bed .
This sounds like a 2* star hotel in a third world country...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.