Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else skipping The Cabanas lately?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Anyone else skipping The Cabanas lately?

I have to say, the state of the CCR Cabanas are an embarrassment. The shower cubicles are falling apart and the cheap plastic used is glaringly obvious. The dirt and mold is fully visible.

It is disgusting.

You get no sheet or linens to put on the day bed. A day bed which has now been in use for 7 years. Sure, they give you this blanket wrapped in plastic. But using that as a sheet you have no blanket.
They did some tests on the Tube and discovered a wonderful cocktail of germs and organisms. Imagine what they would find on the day beds in a Cabana...

YUK

CCR/LHR T5 Lounges refresh is long overdue. At least make it right this time BA. Add some private rooms without showers also. *SLUURP* *SLUUURP*
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:54 am

The pictures I have seen reflect what you describe. Personally, I can see that having the use of a Cabana for a shower and a nap could be very useful when at T5 for a long connection, but I've never understood why some people feel the need to book one to "maximise the First experience". When staying in a hotel I wouldn't spend unnecessary time in the en-suite bathroom when I could be in the bar! Particularly one which has such great people and plane watching opportunities.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
It is for me a strange decision by BA to let this Flagship area fall into disrepair in such a way.

Maybe tweeting a picture and linking BA might embarrass them into doing something about it.

personally I couldn't see myself using a Cabana, If i had a layover long enough to warrant going to sleep, and the disposable income of flying F(which is who this lounge is built for) I would book a room in the Sofitel for a few hours.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Petrus
I have to say, the state of the CCR Cabanas are an embarrassment. The shower cubicles are falling apart and the cheap plastic used is glaringly obvious. The dirt and mold is fully visible.

It is disgusting.

You get no sheet or linens to put on the day bed. A day bed which has now been in use for 7 years. Sure, they give you this blanket wrapped in plastic. But using that as a sheet you have no blanket.
They did some tests on the Tube and discovered a wonderful cocktail of germs and organisms. Imagine what they would find on the day beds in a Cabana...

YUK
I wouldn't worry so much about things like gonorrhea and chlamydia; they won't last long outside the body. Scabies and crabs, however...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:19 am

But if we've been told there's a major T5 lounge refurb pending then surely the issues gathered over 7 years will be resolved and noone need worry to much. There unlikely to do a quick fix in the shortterm.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Does anybody have any knowledge of the timescales for the T5 refurbs?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by stewaran
Maybe tweeting a picture and linking BA might embarrass them into doing something about it.
Like that is going to prompt BA to do something.

Remember the response to the video of a dirty first suite a couple of months ago.

Other than a 'sorry' and 'we will do better' have BA actually done anything?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Like that is going to prompt BA to do something.

Remember the response to the video of a dirty first suite a couple of months ago.

Other than a 'sorry' and 'we will do better' have BA actually done anything?
I was going to say "I bet they swept it under the carpet" but that sounds like something cleaning related
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by headingwest
Does anybody have any knowledge of the timescales for the T5 refurbs?
These have been discussed recently and the one number I have heard from BA staff was 20 months. But I am sure the guys who have friends in high places will be able to give more specific dates and timescales.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I'm not sure what BA mean by "Cabana" but most people would visualise.......

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...oolcabana.html

Mind you............I'd also like to hear BA's definition of the word "fast-track"

As someone said, unless you are absolutely desperate to sleep why would you go and sit in the bog when there is a lounge outside?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Last one I was in the ceiling above the shower looked at risk of collapse - large stain / moisture spreading from the corner and some notable sagging...
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Last one I was in the ceiling above the shower looked at risk of collapse - large stain / moisture spreading from the corner and some notable sagging...
Sounds just like Petrus description of the day bed .
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bulkhead
The pictures I have seen reflect what you describe. Personally, I can see that having the use of a Cabana for a shower and a nap could be very useful when at T5 for a long connection, but I've never understood why some people feel the need to book one to "maximise the First experience". When staying in a hotel I wouldn't spend unnecessary time in the en-suite bathroom when I could be in the bar! Particularly one which has such great people and plane watching opportunities.
Yes they should only make them available to those with long connections and if you've got that many hours to wait you'd be far better off with a day room in a hotel. Maybe they could scrap them and come to some arrangement with the Sofitel instead?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I don't bother with the cabanas anymore. After something to eat I tend to make my way to the board room.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Now Petrus, you know the only way to get one is to rock up to Quintissential and explain you are a Muslim and need to pray before the flight. Do remember not to have a glass of LPGS in your hand at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.