Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room guest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Concorde Room guest

I am in F class can I guest my friend who is Y on the same flight in to the CCR ?

None of has any status.

Thanks

Last edited by MAD.DOG; Jun 9, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes - and welcome to FT

You are also allowed to have him/her up for a drink in F at a suitable time/at crew's discretion.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Yes - and welcome to FT

You are also allowed to have him/her up for a drink in F at a suitable time/at crew's discretion.
Thanks.

Also do you know if we could both check-in at F together & use fast track together & also deplane together & use fast track together at the other end.

Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Check-in and fast track security (assuming ex-LHR), yes.
Fast track boarding, officially no, but only been challenged once.

You can 'deplane' together only if you wait for him/her to emerge from Y

Not sure which fast track on arrival you're referring to, sorry.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Check-in and fast track security (assuming ex-LHR), yes.
Fast track boarding, officially no, but only been challenged once.

You can 'deplane' together only if you wait for him/her to emerge from Y

Not sure which fast track on arrival you're referring to, sorry.
Thanks again

The fast track I was referring to was at JFK.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you are flying to the US, bear in mind that DHS rules prohibit passenger movement between cabins. Officially that means a Y pax can't walk up to F. But, that is honored in the breach by crew. So, make certain that you ask. It would be rare for a BA crew to deny the request.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Often1
If you are flying to the US, bear in mind that DHS rules prohibit passenger movement between cabins. Officially that means a Y pax can't walk up to F. But, that is honored in the breach by crew. So, make certain that you ask. It would be rare for a BA crew to deny the request.
AFAIK this applies to flights TO the USA, not from JFK to England which seems to the the OP's route.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MAD.DOG
The fast track I was referring to was at JFK.
There is no Fast Track immigration at JFK.

On departure from JFK back to LHR, the same guesting applies as at LHR (check-in, security, CCR).
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:42 am

Concorde Room guest

is there a link to somewhere official that states first class guests can use first class check-in and fast track ex lhr or this just an unwritten rule ?

i cant seem to find it mentioned in the lounge guesting section of the forum or on the oneworld webby - thanks
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by blueskypete
is there a link to somewhere official that states first class guests can use first class check-in and fast track ex lhr or this just an unwritten rule ?

i cant seem to find it mentioned in the lounge guesting section of the forum or on the oneworld webby - thanks
I believe everything mentioned in this thread (non-status F passengers' ability to guest another BA passenger who doesn't have their own entitlement from cabin/status into F check-in, fast track, the CCR and perhaps priority boarding) is unwritten and not confirmed in any public-facing literature/website by BA.

The view I take is that it's nice to have (non status F passengers' ground benefits seem to roughly align with what a GCH has, plus the CCR) but is no means guaranteed - eg if an agent refused any part of it, I don't think there would be much recourse.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by blueskypete

It's all on this BA webpage:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...es/first/first

Look for the part that says:

Nobody likes to queue... so don't

Wave goodbye to the long lines with:

dedicated check-in desks for First customers at most airports
Fast Track security at London Heathrow, London Gatwick and New York JFK
Fast Track arrivals at London Heathrow for non-EU passport holders
priority boarding
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Loungebuddy app says 1 guest to Galleries First and CCR when travelling on BA First. They are usually right (and the one time the lounge attendant said it was wrong they let me in anyway).
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by visit14
I believe everything mentioned in this thread (non-status F passengers' ability to guest another BA passenger who doesn't have their own entitlement from cabin/status into F check-in, fast track, the CCR and perhaps priority boarding) is unwritten and not confirmed in any public-facing literature/website by BA.

The view I take is that it's nice to have (non status F passengers' ground benefits seem to roughly align with what a GCH has, plus the CCR) but is no means guaranteed - eg if an agent refused any part of it, I don't think there would be much recourse.
Agreed. Non-status passengers' ability to guest other pax into lounges of any kind, let alone the CCR, surprises me.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BA97
Agreed. Non-status passengers' ability to guest other pax into lounges of any kind, let alone the CCR, surprises me.
This benefit is strictly for those flying in First Class only, no other (non-status) passengers enjoy such a privilege.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
It's all on this BA webpage:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...es/first/first

Look for the part that says:

Nobody likes to queue... so don't

Wave goodbye to the long lines with:

dedicated check-in desks for First customers at most airports
Fast Track security at London Heathrow, London Gatwick and New York JFK
Fast Track arrivals at London Heathrow for non-EU passport holders
priority boarding
Unless I'm being dense, I can't see anything on that page which refers to guests of first class passengers?

I think when blueskypete said "first class guests" he meant guests of first class passengers, not "guests" as a synonym for "passengers" in general as our American friends might say?

Last edited by visit14; Jun 10, 2015 at 8:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.