Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long does a service recovery Avios Credit take to appear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 5:17 am
Original Poster

On a couple of the flights I took recently the IFE and seat were not fully functional or completely kaput. By coincidence both seats were 2K - one on a 777-300 and the other on BA's newest A380. On both flights the CSM/CSD filled out a service recovery form on their Ipad with an Avios credit to my BAEC account but there is no sign of these yet after two weeks. How long do they normally take to appear?
Old May 15, 2015, 5:19 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I would suggest that's long enough for them to have been processed. So probably best to chase through the EC phone line.

Same happened to me a while back. They then credited within a day of getting in touch with the EC.
Old May 15, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
I got mine credited approx 10 days after the flight on which the incident occurred.
Old May 15, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
landed from JNB on Tue morning, by afternoon had an "automated case ref email", and Avios was in the account the next day... These Ipads are quite impressive...
Old May 15, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Two weeks is definitely too long. This should normally be processed in a few days. I'd suggest giving the GGL line a call and get them to contact Customer Relations for you. The usual compensation for a broken seat in F is 100,000 Avios, although that will obviously have increased now that it costs more to purchase a reward flight
Old May 15, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club

CSM on last flight spoke quite confidently about how empowering the iPads are for quick service recovery detailing the process etc. so should have happened by now. You are also entitled to decline compensation in the form of avios and suggest/request alternative compensation.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:03 am
Original Poster

So I contacted the GGL line and they noted the details and passed me onto Customer Relations.
Despite two separate Ipad service recovery forms being filled out - I reviewed the forms and ensured the details were correct - BA seems to have lost/have no record of either. On one service recovery I was offered 10,000 Avios for the IFE screen being unwatchable (LCD had gone), on the other flight I was offered 40,000 Avios for the fact that there was no IFE, no general or reading lights in the seat, no call button etc.
Customer relations have set up a case but are now saying that 10,000 Avios per incident is the maximum they can offer.
Naturally, I am less than impressed with the whole affair.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
With apologies for reheating a slightly elderly thread, I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether service recovery Avios awarded on board can be countermanded by BA? I was on a flight 9 days ago during which the CSM purported to award me some Avios (for non-functioning IFE and seat lights that could not be switched off), but these have not posted to my account. Should it simply be a matter of me ringing up to ask for them to be processed pretty much automatically because the CSM was authorised to award them, or, in the new era of BA trying to avoid compo, can I expect pushback along the lines of IFE and lack of a spotlight in the face throughout a night flight are complimentary and so no Avios are due? Ta in advance for any insight.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by CCayley
With apologies for reheating a slightly elderly thread, I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether service recovery Avios awarded on board can be countermanded by BA? I was on a flight 9 days ago during which the CSM purported to award me some Avios (for non-functioning IFE and seat lights that could not be switched off), but these have not posted to my account. Should it simply be a matter of me ringing up to ask for them to be processed pretty much automatically because the CSM was authorised to award them, or, in the new era of BA trying to avoid compo, can I expect pushback along the lines of IFE and lack of a spotlight in the face throughout a night flight are complimentary and so no Avios are due? Ta in advance for any insight.
I had similar problems on a recent flight to CPT and teh avios promised by the CSM appeared in my account within a week so I would definitely chase yours.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It may take a bit more than 9 days. If the amount was under 10k I would have thought that CR will pass that through, it was more then you may need to provide specific staff details, so that the CSM can be contacted.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
I think customer service times turnaround can be quite lengthy. I had completely forgotten about a complaint that I made, and since I had stated in the email that I didn’t want any Avios, just wanted BA to look over their meal ordering routines, about a month later I got a lengthy and very apologetic phone call saying that my email had been passed around quite a lot (was a, IMHO, well written email outlining several failures BA have in First), and CS insisting that me an my wife take 10k Avios each. Anyways, think the gist of email got through, since had another follow up email since, but I would give it a month and then follow up (unless you desperately need the Avios). They will get to you, but may take time
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by scillyisles
So I contacted the GGL line and they noted the details and passed me onto Customer Relations.
Despite two separate Ipad service recovery forms being filled out - I reviewed the forms and ensured the details were correct - BA seems to have lost/have no record of either. On one service recovery I was offered 10,000 Avios for the IFE screen being unwatchable (LCD had gone), on the other flight I was offered 40,000 Avios for the fact that there was no IFE, no general or reading lights in the seat, no call button etc.
Customer relations have set up a case but are now saying that 10,000 Avios per incident is the maximum they can offer.
Naturally, I am less than impressed with the whole affair.
Wow, I guess a good way to prove that the service recovery forms were filled out and sent is to screenshot it? I guess you can always show the screenshot if the service recovery forms 'suddenly dissappear in BA's system.'
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I had a non-working IFE on a flight last weekend, CSD offered 4K avios on the IPAD which I accepted given it was a night flight and I was sleeping anyway. Automated service recovery email reference appeared in email Monday, avios credited wednesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.