Reciprocal Benefits of VFC Silver

Old Dec 7, 17, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Reciprocal Benefits of VFC Silver

I have been BA blue for all my membership life, as I only fly for leisure purposes.

My wife and I recently flew Virgin Upper Class and now seem to have jumped to Silver membership. Does this also give us the same category itís BA?

Incidentally we only paid to fly VUC, to fly on 787 and were victim of the service replacement, so should have used 241 voucher, but would still be blue!
Old Dec 7, 17, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by botham View Post
My wife and I recently flew Virgin Upper Class and now seem to have jumped to Silver membership. Does this also give us the same category itís BA?
Virgin Flying Club status gives you no benefits when flying BA, just as BAEC status gives you no benefits when flying VS.
Old Dec 7, 17, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Starbucks Gold (free syrup, don't knock it), My John Lewis (free coffee and cake!)
Aside from that lack of reciprocity, VS silver really isn't comparable to BA silver, as it doesn't give access even to Virgin's lounges.

That said, VS upper class, and their lounges really aren't comparable to BA club or GC lounges either. In that they are rather better (IMO). The lounges especially....
Old Dec 7, 17, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Virgin Flying Club Red
Virgin Silver is basically equivalent to BA Bronze.
Old Dec 7, 17, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Thanks, at least Iím not red, at least for now.

Search this Thread