Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
As we move Airport systems, [seat] 64A [on the 744] will start to show as a cot position on the seat map whereas previously it did not and unfortunately there isn't a mechanism to advise when this happens.
As it is a cot seat, if we receive a request from a customer with an infant then it may result in us having to move someone from this seat.
Print Wikipost

Golds no longer able to select 64A?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: LY Silver, BA Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
Just happened to me. 64B Paid Seating. Moved downstairs no compensation or anything. Wouldnt have paid for it if I knew it was in main cabin. Pure theft. If you paid for something in a shop and on the way out they took it from you and gave you something else would that be acceptable?
Old May 28, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Taylor Street Baristas
You've been moved because BA have reinstated the bassinet seat at 64b. Someone more adept than me at searching will be along shortly with a link to the thread.

You should get your £170 back, I imagine.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Higher status passengers cannot kick out those of lower/non status from seats - short of you being a VVIP of course and they don't sit in business anyway.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: LY Silver, BA Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
how can 64b be bassinet? surely 64a
Old May 28, 2015, 2:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, 64A is the bassinet, 64B isn't.
Old May 28, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Taylor Street Baristas
Typo, sorry
Old May 28, 2015, 5:13 pm

What's odd is we've been kicked out of 64a&b. The seat plan is now showing that someone else is sitting in 64a leaving 64b empty. I find it hard to believe that someone with a baby is flying to vegas by themselves. It all just seems a bit off! The lady at BA couldn't understand why I was upset.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by Laura1988
What's odd is we've been kicked out of 64a&b. The seat plan is now showing that someone else is sitting in 64a leaving 64b empty. I find it hard to believe that someone with a baby is flying to vegas by themselves. It all just seems a bit off! The lady at BA couldn't understand why I was upset.
There likely won't be anyone actually allocated it, it will just be blocked, but shows as "occupied" in the ba.com seatmaps.

If the seatmap for the same flight is looked at on a different tool such as Expertflyer, it will show as "X" for blocked, rather than solid blue for occupied.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
There might not be anyone in the seat - if you read this thread it's happening to everyone. BA are reinstating the bassinet there and are therefore blocking it for eligible customers, and evicting the current occupants.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
It's annoying, but be assured it's happened to many people regardless of status, as others have mentioned here. I've been moved out of 64A on two upcoming flights, BA didn't bother to tell anyone that they did it, as far as I'm aware, a simple thing to show a little regard for their customers. In fact, at the time they did it a couple of weeks ago, plenty of their own staff didn't seem to know what they had done.

You may still find when you board that someone without a baby is in the seat, as it will obviously only be used as a bassinet if needed. If not, it will be allocated to another pax around check-in time.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I personally wouldn't want to be trying to carry a baby / very young child + bags of bits upstairs on a 747 so don't know the logic in a bassinet seat up there.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by xenole
I personally wouldn't want to be trying to carry a baby / very young child + bags of bits upstairs on a 747 so don't know the logic in a bassinet seat up there.
Quantity of bulkheads being limited, I guess?
Old May 29, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly
Is there any reason why 20A or 20K couldn't be made a cot seat and 64A left open for all? It would save having to carry babies and their stuff upstairs.
IIRC its quite a lot tighter getting in and out of 20A/K than 64A so you really wouldn't have much room for a bassinet.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by xenole
It's because there aren't many bulkhead seats in CW given the number of passengers in that cabin.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by oxmatt
IIRC its quite a lot tighter getting in and out of 20A/K than 64A so you really wouldn't have much room for a bassinet.
There is a bassinet at 20E on the 747, and at 15A, 15E & 15K on a 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.