Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Oh My God, There Is a Mouse Under Your Seat"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oh My God, There Is a Mouse Under Your Seat"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dagohh
As a bonus, the lounge cat will give the dead mouse to the most regular frequent flyer in the lounge.
I'm quite used to that already, living in a very old house in the middle of a very big field. But they are incredibly effective I have to say. I used to have a Persian who clearly felt that rodent control was quite beneath her dignity, after all what was the point of humans? She passed on and so I got 2 farm cats from a neighbour - within 48 hours the house was cleared of mice and has remained clear.
copperfield27 and patersoj like this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by dagohh
As a bonus, the lounge cat will give the dead mouse to the most regular frequent flyer in the lounge.
The mouse would be the most 'frequent flyer' within minutes of introducing a fierce cat though.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by jday
Maybe they need a lounge cat. Might de-stress some passengers. However I imagine we will get complaints that the lounge is not for sleeping in.
Not to mention bare feet on seating...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Cat

Originally Posted by jday
Maybe they need a lounge cat. Might de-stress some passengers. However I imagine we will get complaints that the lounge is not for sleeping in.
And it would be quite easy to decide on a name for the cat
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Mentioned to the lounge guardian as I was leaving who reliably informed me that Heathrow was full of mice . Always good to have rodents running around where food is being served.
I was told pretty much the same thing when I pointed out three mice to a member of ground staff at AMS last year.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
It was Mickey from Waterside (Alex's adviser). Either that or or Baxter Storey are back to cater the lounges
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Saw a mouse in the Costa in T5 arrivals few days ago. Also at least a couple in the GdN Eurostar lounge. The lounge lady just shrugged her shoulders...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by EuropeToAsia
And it would be quite easy to decide on a name for the cat

Catty McCatface?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:41 am

I am wonder if the rodents all have silver cards, or whether they are guesting themselves in.

The cat should be a fat cat, and we shall call him Alex Cruz.
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:33 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
It was Mickey from Waterside (Alex's adviser). Either that or or Baxter Storey are back to cater the lounges
Going by the look of the Singaporean Chicken last night, the word 'slop' sprung to mind and I had recollections of the whole BS saga threads when they took over

S
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I saw a furry creature once at T5, it was wearing a florescent jacket and telling everyone the IT outage wasn't his fault.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
I saw a furry creature once at T5, it was wearing a florescent jacket and telling everyone the IT outage wasn't his fault.
You could be onto something there. Rodent caused the failures by eating through cables perhaps. Surprised WW didn't try that one. Might even have been able to get away with "exceptional circumstances".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.