FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   "Oh My God, There Is a Mouse Under Your Seat" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1677299-oh-my-god-there-mouse-under-your-seat.html)

BOH May 4, 2015 11:15 am

"Oh My God, There Is a Mouse Under Your Seat"

In the BA lounge in T3 and just heard a loud shriek, followed by, "Oh my god, there is a mouse under your seat".

Cue much rapid movement of people in the immediate vicinity of alleged mouse and some rapid seat shuffling. Still, it has woken up half the lounge and distracted me from my report writing for a while :)

Always thought a mouse was quite cute really, no idea why it should warrant such a loud shriek. Ok, back to my report now :(

MSPeconomist May 4, 2015 11:16 am

Would you like to have that cute little mouse crawl up your leg?

fripperies May 4, 2015 11:19 am

"Oh My God, There Is a Mouse Under Your Seat"

Good to hear the stuff upper lip still rules.

JohnIreland May 4, 2015 11:25 am

Had the mouse status or was it ticked to travel in a premium cabin ?

orbitmic May 4, 2015 11:27 am

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 24763385)
Always thought a mouse was quite cute really

They aren't. The little buggers eat and destroy any and everything and convey lots of nasty things. Yikes.

Lucky BA it wasn't the day of their health and safety inspection or we would have had a rerun of the infamous "lounges ratings" thread! :D

HilFly May 4, 2015 11:35 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 24763482)
They aren't. The little buggers eat and destroy any and everything and convey lots of nasty things. Yikes.

Lucky BA it wasn't the day of their health and safety inspection or we would have had a rerun of the infamous "lounges ratings" thread! :D

Not to mention peeing all over the food and anything else they touch.

Yuk!

Steve in Olympia May 4, 2015 11:47 am

I would prefer a mouse to the large black tarantula that crawled across my duvet (while I was under it) on BA 49.... in first class.... a few years ago.

The cabin crew was at a total loss about what to do, and a message sent to Customer Service never got a response.

DYKWIA May 4, 2015 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 24763587)
I would prefer a mouse to the large black tarantula that crawled across my duvet (while I was under it) on BA 49.... in first class.... a few years ago.

The cabin crew was at a total loss about what to do, and a message sent to Customer Service never got a response.

IIRC, you never actually saw the alleged tarantula...

Zzzap May 4, 2015 12:01 pm

If anybody is in any doubt as to the hygiene implications of having mice in an area with food & drink do a quick search on t'interwebs regarding how the critters find their way around...

paul4040 May 4, 2015 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 24763587)

The tarantula that only some hilarious bloke in 2K saw? :D

I think you got had.

silvergirl May 4, 2015 12:17 pm

Eww :eek:

Genius1 May 4, 2015 12:21 pm

I am reasonably confident there are mice in every airport around the world.

Personally I have seen a Sapphire mouse in the Los Angeles Business Lounge.

callum9999 May 4, 2015 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Zzzap (Post 24763656)
If anybody is in any doubt as to the hygiene implications of having mice in an area with food & drink do a quick search on t'interwebs regarding how the critters find their way around...

I don't think anyone was suggesting it's preferable to have mice roaming around a kitchen, merely that it doesn't warrant the typical shrieking followed by running away/jumping on chairs etc!

ramops May 4, 2015 12:43 pm

The real question is, how many avios did you get for it haha

AtlanticX May 4, 2015 12:46 pm

Wherever there's food, there's gonna be mice.

As long as the kitchen/area has basic hygiene in place (e.g. cleans preparation surfaces, cooks their food properly and will throw out any food supplies that have been eaten off), there's really no need to panic.

Basic pest control (a few well-placed traps, or perhaps a cat) should ensure that the problem doesn't escalate beyond the odd lounge guesting.