FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   [By Invitation Only] BA Open Day returns this summer 6th June [2015] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1674716-invitation-only-ba-open-day-returns-summer-6th-june-2015-a.html)

McG May 6, 2015 11:24 am

Was hoping to get one, but alas no.

BA0197 May 6, 2015 11:33 am

I've sent an email to them to hopefully get an invite! Let's see!

lorcancoyle May 6, 2015 12:00 pm

Anybody checked secondary ticketing sites. :)

No invite here. Mildly deflating - would have been nice, but that's life. Wonder what capacity is

kdhurst380 May 6, 2015 12:06 pm

Nothing from my Blue self or Blue partner. A Bronze nearly Silver as of the end of this week friend of ours hasn't received anything either. Could just be that they're sending many hundreds of emails out and it's taking a while, or it's entirely random...

cysyuen May 6, 2015 12:09 pm

Update from BA Twitter

This is what they are saying:

'Hello, keep your eyes peeled as there maybe something later this week.'

We shall see BA!

francismc May 6, 2015 12:14 pm

[By Invitation Only] BA Open Day returns this summer 6th June

I got the exact same message via Twitter

londonba2014 May 6, 2015 12:47 pm

I think that if I remember correctly reading in the old BA staff newspaper a few years ago, BA used to hold an open day at both LHR & LGW, although I think it was on a slightly smaller scale.

polochick May 6, 2015 12:52 pm

Received an invite this afternoon, signed up and got the confirmation email. The invite is valid for the cardholder + 3 guests. Taking family but if any drop out will post here!

lindauk2014 May 6, 2015 1:28 pm

Logged on here to see what the open day was all about. Never heard of it or been invited before but got an invitation today - which I obviously accepted. Not sure who is more excited, me or my 10 year old :-)

notforfooduse May 6, 2015 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cysyuen (Post 24776080)
This is what they are saying:

'Hello, keep your eyes peeled as there maybe something later this week.'

We shall see BA!

My only hope is that they'll send a new batch of invitations out once they've got an idea of how many people want to go from the first batch.

The twitter competition has 50 prizes available (4 tickets each) so the odds are slightly better than I had expected. Still, not being the requisite 18 years of age scuppers that...

81romeo May 6, 2015 2:27 pm

Any GGL with an invitation so far? Nothing here unfortunately. Thanks a lot BA.

BAGoldBoy May 6, 2015 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by 81romeo (Post 24776867)

Not this GGL after 15 years of Gold!

ThatT1Feeling May 6, 2015 2:38 pm

Nothing... I went to the site and entered my details just in case but I am clearly not invited. I was assuming it's because they have worked out from my profile that it's a significant birthday for me that weekend and I'll already be busy with a big party :D

angeloedades May 6, 2015 2:39 pm

Nothing here too. There is a chance for people to get tickets by entering the twitter / instagram competition.

/AE

gcuk May 6, 2015 2:47 pm

Nope, but perhaps I'm being punished because they've noticed I've switched my shorthaul to Easyjet :eek: