FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   [By Invitation Only] BA Open Day returns this summer 6th June [2015] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1674716-invitation-only-ba-open-day-returns-summer-6th-june-2015-a.html)

notforfooduse May 13, 2015 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 24805086)
Priority is being given to customers who live in the South East, you must at least have a UK address.

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist (Post 24806393)
I will be at and around LHR on 6 Jun....

If BA wanted to be really clever :D, they could have targeted members flying into LHR in the morning and/or flying out in the late afternoon. For those with a long transfer at T5, they could even have organised a shuttle to the event and back.

McG May 13, 2015 1:32 am

[By Invitation Only] BA Open Day returns this summer 6th June

I can understand the thinking behind restricting to those from SE, however I was/am prepare to fly down from GLA to attend. As BA is the only carrier to fly to LHR from GLA, I can't help but feel they've missed a trick.

KARFA May 13, 2015 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 24805086)
Priority is being given to customers who live in the South East, you must at least have a UK address.

Rather disappointing. They do know people outside teh South East like planes too?

Originally Posted by McG (Post 24807526)
I can understand the thinking behind restricting to those from SE, however I was/am prepare to fly down from GLA to attend. As BA is the only carrier to fly to LHR from GLA, I can't help but feel they've missed a trick.

Originally Posted by kdhurst380 (Post 24806481)
I can make myself be there, with ease. I live in Sheffield, not Timbuktu. Total journey can be done in under three hours!

Agreed. At least they could have sent a few invitations to people within 40 miles of a BA domestic route, LBA, BFS, EDI, GLA, MAN, ABZ, and NCL. You would think they realise some of us are used to flying down to LHR quite often!

danielbk May 13, 2015 2:27 am

Heyo,

I own a travel management company (i'm avoiding a plug and how I can be useful bla bla bla ...) and all my staff received an invite plus 4 people (i.e "come with family") so if anyone wants to be my family that day, I should be able to take a few of you. just PM me.

I am not entirely sure what is going on with me on the 6th yet as (other career) I have a production of Macbeth in Germany that day, but assuming I can be home delighted to have you along.

Paralytic May 13, 2015 5:08 am

Originally Posted by 81romeo (Post 24804985)
Any thoughts on this?

Initial thought: many posts on here quoting "reliable sources" turn out to be not so reliable.

:D

South London Bon Viveur May 13, 2015 5:55 am

Originally Posted by IceInTheCider (Post 24713262)
An unfortunate clash with the Epsom Derby :-(

Indeed- which is where I shall be. On the plus side, if I win I shall be able to afford the next POUG opportunity :)

81romeo May 13, 2015 9:52 am

Just got my invitation via email and a friend of mine who is a GCH got it too.

Seems like second wave has started.

BA0197 May 13, 2015 9:59 am

I still don't understand why it couldn't be done on a First Come basis. I promise I would have been one of the first! But alas as confirmed earlier, they are prioritising people who's BAEC addresses are in the South. Shame. This USA registered (for HHA purposes) Silver member that lives in the South of England will never get one! How DARE BA not know my personal situation ;)

kdhurst380 May 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by BA0197 (Post 24809251)
I still don't understand why it couldn't be done on a First Come basis. I promise I would have been one of the first! But alas as confirmed earlier, they are prioritising people who's BAEC addresses are in the South. Shame. This USA registered (for HHA purposes) Silver member that lives in the South of England will never get one! How DARE BA not know my personal situation ;)

Terrible shame myself and my partner have a household account now here in Sheffield, otherwise I'd be mightily tempted to change my address to my parents in Hampshire!

That said, my partner got an invitation to the last one and he lived in Barnsley, South Yorkshire at the time... so you never know. Still holding out hope.

Cammo May 14, 2015 1:34 am

I received an invite yesterday and like a few others already had plans to be at Epsom.
Although I do like planes more than horses and will likely cost less if I went to the BA open day.

Can I help you May 14, 2015 3:04 am

Of course they have asked for volunteers to help out on the day, I'm sure the usual suspects will jump at the chance.
Never volunteer for anything in the new BA is my motto, just do what you are paid for and do it well.

londonba2014 May 14, 2015 5:09 am

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on, on the day. E.g do you think it's likely the A380 & 787's would be there along with any aircraft?

I imagine it would be a bit like 2011 but perhaps on a bigger scale?

Can I help you May 14, 2015 5:16 am

Not much internally other than there is going to be an A350 there.

JMurray May 14, 2015 5:19 am

I'll be there with a friend.

Flying MAN-LHR on Friday and LHR-Newcastle on Saturday at 8ish.

Plan is to get to LHR around 11, drop bags off, and head to Hatton Cross. Then leave around 4 ish, get jolly in the Flounge and head home. Jolly good weekend. ^

BAGoldBoy May 14, 2015 5:27 am

Still nothing for me or SWMBO. I even entered the twitter competition which had very few entries but still nothing. Disappointed.