FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   [By Invitation Only] BA Open Day returns this summer 6th June [2015] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1674716-invitation-only-ba-open-day-returns-summer-6th-june-2015-a.html)

pleb Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by cactitraveller (Post 24741088)
No invite here and neither of our account numbers are recognized. I wonder what the criteria is?

It wouldn't surprise me if the registration simply hasn't gone live yet, and is waiting for the announcement email to go out.

BA0197 Apr 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Oh no! No invite for me it seems- hopefully we are still waiting for the invite to go live!

TravellerFrequently Apr 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by BA0197 (Post 24742207)
Oh no! No invite for me it seems- hopefully we are still waiting for the invite to go live!

+ 1

I do not remember using my BA Exec number as part of the registration process last time.

BoeBus Apr 30, 2015 12:23 am

Worth noting that the site and the registration check are not served over SSL (i.e. secure), so any nefarious people will be able to harvest the details entered in to the form.

nbevan Apr 30, 2015 1:22 am

The site says:

"The event is by invitation only and invites are non-transferable." :(

I fear that Blues like me will not be at the top of the list for invitations, in which case I hope that someone may be able to guest me in (three guests allowed).

Roger Apr 30, 2015 2:46 am

Originally Posted by ex-ams (Post 24740871)

Just a blank page for me, except (in faint grey):

- BA Explore and Discover Coming Soon -

Speedbird876 Apr 30, 2015 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Roger (Post 24743491)
Just a blank page for me, except (in faint grey):

Yes, it was working for me about fifteen minutes ago but is not working now.

It seems it is still a work in progress.

FlyingScientist Apr 30, 2015 3:07 am

They are now changing the site after having realised that one should be able to register with a FT handle. :D

KARFA Apr 30, 2015 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Speedbird876 (Post 24743496)
Yes, it was working for me about fifteen minutes ago but is not working now.

It seems it is still a work in progress.

Yes, same here. Tried this morning and full site but still wouldn't let me register. Now the site content has gone and it just says in light grey

"- BA Explore and Discover Coming Soon -"

londonba2014 Apr 30, 2015 3:25 am

Has anyone actually received an invitation though?

BoeBus Apr 30, 2015 3:27 am

Must've been taken down in response to my pointing out that it's insecure :D

After the Avios 'breach' you'd think they'd be more on top of this.

francismc Apr 30, 2015 3:35 am

No email received; but would be nice to attend (and book my flight down)

LondonAndy Apr 30, 2015 3:36 am

I e-mailed them (so maybe it's my fault they took it down) and they said:

Unfortunately you were provided the link to this website slightly prematurely, which is why your BA executive club number would not have been recognised. The invites to our executive club members have not yet been sent or added onto this system, although we expect the invitations to start going out in the next 48 hours.

We apologise for the inconvenience at this stage. Unfortunately we are unable confirm which executive club members will be invited at this point, but will be able to do so once the invites are issued.

We hope that you will be one of those to receive an invitation shortly, and be able to join us for this special event.

So there is still hope for us all...... good luck ^

londonba2014 Apr 30, 2015 3:51 am

Originally Posted by LondonAndy (Post 24743618)

Unfortunately you were provided the link to this website slightly prematurely, which is why your BA executive club number would not have been recognised. The invites to our executive club members have not yet been sent or added onto this system, although we expect the invitations to start going out in the next 48 hours.

We apologise for the inconvenience at this stage. Unfortunately we are unable confirm which executive club members will be invited at this point, but will be able to do so once the invites are issued.

We hope that you will be one of those to receive an invitation shortly, and be able to join us for this special event.

Thanks for that, seems so bloody long winded and overcomplicated compared to 2011!!

KARFA Apr 30, 2015 4:02 am

Originally Posted by LondonAndy (Post 24743618)

I am impressed you got a speedy and non-canned response from BA.