FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   [By Invitation Only] BA Open Day returns this summer 6th June [2015] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1674716-invitation-only-ba-open-day-returns-summer-6th-june-2015-a.html)

msm2000uk May 14, 2015 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 24813746)
Not much internally other than there is going to be an A350 there.

Does that mean a first look at the amended First cabin?

KARFA May 14, 2015 5:48 am

It isn't a BA A350, none of the BA A350s are anywhere near actually being built.

Speedbird876 May 14, 2015 5:49 am

The draw for the twitter competition is taking place on 18 May 2015, according to the terms and conditions.

There is still some hope

msm2000uk May 14, 2015 5:50 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 24813832)
It isn't a BA A350, none of the BA A350s are anywhere near actually being built.

That was going to be my second query!

KARFA May 14, 2015 5:51 am

I would guess it would be one of Airbus's own A350s.

Aloxford May 14, 2015 6:02 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy (Post 24813774)
Still nothing for me or SWMBO. I even entered the twitter competition which had very few entries but still nothing. Disappointed.

Nothing for me either - and I also live within 45 minutes drive of Heathrow.

LondonAndy May 14, 2015 6:03 am

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy (Post 24813774)
Still nothing for me or SWMBO. I even entered the twitter competition which had very few entries but still nothing. Disappointed.

The small print said that they would being doing the draw for winning entries on 18 May.

I'm surprised that we've been invited to a Marco Polo champagne reception at Canary Wharf (despite having never flown Cathay!) but don't get invited to these things!

GodAtum May 14, 2015 8:03 am

Originally Posted by kdhurst380 (Post 24802770)
It was invite only last time, but the reach seemed to be wider than this time, judging by how sporadic reports are of people getting invitations.

There was however up to three guests allowed so if you got a ticket it may have been from someone who was invited.

Either way, it wasn't a free for all.

Really, I think I had to book online, but it was a few years ago so cant really remember!

LondonElite May 14, 2015 8:51 am

Originally Posted by LondonAndy (Post 24813869)
I'm surprised that we've been invited to a Marco Polo champagne reception at Canary Wharf (despite having never flown Cathay!) but don't get invited to these things!

I got that today as well! See you there...

rosswill May 14, 2015 9:28 am

A great shame the invitations are so restricted. We had a fantastic time at the last event. My 2 small kids loved every minute. You don't get the chance now to visit the cockpit like I used to do as a child. The staff on site were amazing. The kids still pick these photos out as some of their favourites.

LondonAndy May 14, 2015 9:33 am

Originally Posted by rosswill (Post 24814798)
You don't get the chance now to visit the cockpit like I used to do as a child.

I've never had a problem getting my children in the cockpit (on the ground, obviously!), and if you look in the BA Twitter feed I'm sure there's a photo or two showing children in the cockpit.

rosswill May 14, 2015 9:38 am

Originally Posted by LondonAndy (Post 24814831)
I've never had a problem getting my children in the cockpit (on the ground, obviously!), and if you look in the BA Twitter feed I'm sure there's a photo or two showing children in the cockpit.

I'm sure there are opportunities, but at the open day the pilots had nothing else to do other than entertain, which they were brilliant at. They weren't preparing for a flight or desperate to leave the aircraft at the end of a long shift. I'm always shy about disturbing people at work. Here we were welcomed and encouraged.

sapper188 May 14, 2015 2:48 pm

I tried to register and it kept coming up with " not recognising my membership number" so I sent an email and received the invite and today so registered and have just received my e ticket Yeah!

francismc May 15, 2015 3:51 am

[By Invitation Only] BA Open Day returns this summer 6th June

I received the following response when I emailed:

Dear Francismc,

I am sorry but the invitation selection is still in progress and we are unable to confirm at this stage if you will be receiving an invitation.

BAGoldBoy May 15, 2015 3:59 am

Originally Posted by francismc (Post 24818939)
I received the following response when I emailed:

Dear Francismc,

I am sorry but the invitation selection is still in progress and we are unable to confirm at this stage if you will be receiving an invitation.

Me too :(