Wiki Posts
Search

e-ticket number not showing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:42 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Anonba; Aug 15, 2015 at 10:36 pm
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:50 am

Just to check, do I always need to see an e-ticket number in checkmytrip for a BA flight?

In my case I have a US 037 ticket with US/AA/BA legs, showing e-ticket number on US MMB for the whole trip. However no e-ticket shown on checkmytrip for the BA PNR. Do I need to make sure there is one?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Just to check, do I always need to see an e-ticket number in checkmytrip for a BA flight?

In my case I have a US 037 ticket with US/AA/BA legs, showing e-ticket number on US MMB for the whole trip. However no e-ticket shown on checkmytrip for the BA PNR. Do I need to make sure there is one?
No

You only get one ticket for an itinerary and one ticket number for an itinerary

US has full authority to issue BA flights on US tickets.

(If you have more than four sectors you will be issued a second ticket because you can only have four sectors on one ticket. The ticket numbers will usually be sequential. But they will certainly be issued by the same carrier. )
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:13 pm

Thanks Calchas.

Incidentally (as this may be of interest), BA are no longer accepting US*BA codeshares - flights have to be issued under the prime BA number. I was told this by a US call centre agent who I asked to price up my itinerary on US*BA, as this was pricing cheaper than BA or AA*BA on Matrix (not sure why, as availability was the same on all).

Anyway, I ended up booking it on Expedia at the cheaper price using the US flight numbers and all ticketed and confirmed correctly. BA MMB initially showed the BA legs as US*BA as booked, but has since changed to showing the BA prime numbers. US and AA MMBs still show US*BA, as does the BA iPhone app (very odd that this doesn't match BA MMB, even after multiple log-out/in).

So it was this change in the flight number that caused me to ask about the e-ticket, but given your answer above Calchas, and the fact I can still change seats etc. in MMB, hopefully all seems ok?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Thanks Calchas.

Incidentally (as this may be of interest), BA are no longer accepting US*BA codeshares - flights have to be issued under the prime BA number. I was told this by a US call centre agent who I asked to price up my itinerary on US*BA, as this was pricing cheaper than BA or AA*BA on Matrix (not sure why, as availability was the same on all).

Anyway, I ended up booking it on Expedia at the cheaper price using the US flight numbers and all ticketed and confirmed correctly. BA MMB initially showed the BA legs as US*BA as booked, but has since changed to showing the BA prime numbers. US and AA MMBs still show US*BA, as does the BA iPhone app (very odd that this doesn't match BA MMB, even after multiple log-out/in).

So it was this change in the flight number that caused me to ask about the e-ticket, but given your answer above Calchas, and the fact I can still change seats etc. in MMB, hopefully all seems ok?
KARFA mentioned this happened to him. I have been able to book itineraries on AA and IB with no BA flight number via BA recently.

Very annoying if this is the case.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Any suggestions how I can persuade BA to reissue our tickets after we upgraded Avios tickets to First (to SIN) and Club (to SYD) a couple of weeks ago? YouFirst basically said go away and wait your turn this morning but we are flying on Tuesday and I could do without the additional stress of wondering if BA will actually bother to do anything.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by louie-m
Any suggestions how I can persuade BA to reissue our tickets after we upgraded Avios tickets to First (to SIN) and Club (to SYD) a couple of weeks ago? YouFirst basically said go away and wait your turn this morning but we are flying on Tuesday and I could do without the additional stress of wondering if BA will actually bother to do anything.
My understanding is that until T-48 hours the agents are strongly discouraged from calling the back office to prioritise your booking - which you can understand since if everyone called in nothing would get processed. So you're presumably just before that time limit. I think you can reasonably call again tomorrow morning and explain you won't have many more opportunities to sort this out. I wouldn't call YouFirst today again, unless it was more than 8 hours ago: they only have a few people on duty and you may end up with the same agent again.

The alternative, I regret to say, is to put it on Twitter.

Having said that, I've had a number of short notice bookings get ticketed quite swiftly recently, so there's a good chance it would be done very shortly.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:56 pm

Thanks for the advice, CWS. The chap I spoke to this morning (< T-48) was indeed much more helpful and the ticket has now been reissued (I think!).
Old May 18, 2015, 4:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
e-ticket number not showing?

Good. You can tell if it was done by going to classic.checkmytrip.com and looking at the e-ticket tab. It should have a very recent date on it, more recent than your last change to the booking.
Old May 18, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Good. You can tell if it was done by going to classic.checkmytrip.com and looking at the e-ticket tab. It should have a very recent date on it, more recent than your last change to the booking.
That's all fine (today's date, not surprisingly) - my only remaining concern is that I can't select seats now even though I could earlier. Not sure if that is normal or not.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I can't seem to find my e-ticket number on my BA.com booking...I am in mid trip. Manage My Booking works fine and I see all the details of my outbound and return trip...when I go to print/email my receipt, I see even more info, but can't seem to find the ticket number?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by nologic
I can't seem to find my e-ticket number on my BA.com booking...I am in mid trip. Manage My Booking works fine and I see all the details of my outbound and return trip...when I go to print/email my receipt, I see even more info, but can't seem to find the ticket number?
If you can get an e-ticket receipt printed or emailed to you, the ticket number is usually in the block headed "Payment Information", which is after the details of the flights. This appears before the breakdown of taxes, fees and charges.

If you still can't see it, then go to classic.checkmytrip.com, which should show you the ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.