Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RFS, booking UK mini trip on one ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
RFS, booking UK mini trip on one ticket?

Hi all,

I’d like to ask for a bit of advice about a reward booking I’d like to make. I want to take advantage of the free domestic feeder before the April deadline. It’s a perfect opportunity for me to visit some places I haven’t yet seen in the UK, so I’m planning a bit of a mini trip.

As I’ll only be able to book flights up until mid April 2016 I’d like as much flexibility as possible just in case something changes. I’d like it on one ticket just in case I need to cancel, thus saving 3 cancellation charges. The question I’d like to ask is would it be possible to book something like this on one ticket?

If I do this as 3 bookings I can adjust the 'Avios + cash' payment to bring the total to 11,500 Avios + €113, which would be ideal, but that probably wouldn’t be possible if booked on one ticket. I may even add another journey, for example BHD-NCL.

Also, I don’t know how RFS bookings work if you have more than one flight in the booking, would I have to pay for each flight change or could I change all flights for one fee?

I’d be most grateful for any answers.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can change all flights on the same booking for one fee, if all changed at the same time.

You should be able to have it all on one booking over the phone, but you'll have to pay the £15 phone fee.

Also, booking this far out on SH routes especially - if there is a severe schedule change, you won't have to pay to change.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6501
You can change all flights on the same booking for one fee, if all changed at the same time.

You should be able to have it all on one booking over the phone, but you'll have to pay the £15 phone fee.

Also, booking this far out on SH routes especially - if there is a severe schedule change, you won't have to pay to change.
Thanks BA6501, that's good to know. ^

I seem to recall somebody asking the question recently - if a ticket can be valid for longer than a year (which of course it can't). But if, for example, this ticket was bought now for a journey in April next year, could it be extended beyond that by changing the flights?

Also, wouldn't the £15 phone fee be waived in this situation?, as it's not possible to book as one ticket online.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:39 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by headingwest
Thanks BA6501, that's good to know. ^

I seem to recall somebody asking the question recently - if a ticket can be valid for longer than a year (which of course it can't). But if, for example, this ticket was bought now for a journey in April next year, could it be extended beyond that by changing the flights?

Also, wouldn't the £15 phone fee be waived in this situation?, as it's not possible to book as one ticket online.
If you get a generous operator perhaps, but normally it has to be ordinarily available online but not due to a technical fault.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yep, and my response was that the first flight has to be within 365 days of purchase, with the subsequent flights completed within 365 days of the first flight.

So if you do the first flight on 26 April 2016, you have until 25 April 2017 to use all flights on the ticket - assuming you buy the ticket on 27 April 2015, the last day before the changes.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks BA6501

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.