Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confidential shredder at T5 Exec lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Confidential shredder at T5 Exec lounge?

Hi all

I'm travelling later this week via long haul business class and laying over at LHR T5.

I'm wondering if there is a confidential recycling bin / shredder somewhere in the galleries?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Not unless it's just been added. Discussed a while back:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ounge-ccr.html
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Dan72 - too bad no confidential bins/shredder. if no shredder, is there a place to recycle non-confidential paper?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
The discarded leftovers at the printers can make interesting reading. Look at it from the other side
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Here's a DIY option for you - you are allowed to take scissors with blades up to 6cm long measured from where the blades cross.

Or keep the document on a laptop or tablet.

Or even take it with you and dispose of it at your destination.

Oh,I know, I know.... Print it on rice paper and eat it! Yup, that's the best, no question, and it will probably taste better than the food in the lounge!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No changes there, I'm afraid. You can't even do what I do at home, pop it into the Rayburn, since even the T1 Lounge Aga isn't actually plumbed in.

There are paper recycling bins in the main part of LHR, clearly labelled, there aren't so many bins in the lounges and they aren't clearly labelled for recycling. There's one behind the CCR BA agent's desk for example, though it's not very big. However HAL are obliged to recycle as much as possible, so it may well be in reality.

There is a shredder in the Regus lounge, but that is landside.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:29 am
Original Poster

thanks all for the responses... I'll unload as much non-confidential papers in the paper recycling bins at LHR then save the remaining for when I get back to the office...thanks
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: All Expired... :-(
Muji sell portable/hand operated shredder that I sometimes take with me on journeys:

http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?...ub=65&PID=5298
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
You could also try soaking the documents in a water-filled sink, then mulching into a bin ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.