Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for TP run ideas...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looking for TP run ideas...

Well, as the TP run I just completed went so well - on-time flights, great FTers to have a drink with, all TPs and Avios posted quickly and correctly - I am now contemplating doing another one (yes, I know I am a bit nuts !).

So I'd welcome suggestions for runs earning TPs at decent rates (up to 2.00/TP) that:

* Start from 9th March 2016 onwards (my year ends on 8th March)
* Are bookable by 28th April 2015 (to earn at unenhanced rates)

I'd be very happy to go back to JFK on the BabyBus, or to head east on e.g. Qatar or whatever really...

Just to stress, I am not asking people to do my research for me, and I will be keeping an eye on this forum and the Master TP thread.

But thoughts and suggestions would be great, thanks
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA
What is your goal, eg how many tier points do you want/need?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
It's just over 2/TP but exOSL to Australia can be had for around 2300, sometimes a wee bit cheaper. A maximised routing nets 1060TP.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Something a bit different, South America.

ARN-LHR//LCY-JFK-MIA-EZE-MIA-JFK-LCY//LHR-ARN in J/I/A/I/I/A/I/J is presently about 1400 from American Airlines and would get 900 TPs if booked before 28 April. 90 day advance purchase requirement. BA1-4 is excluded but they forgot to exclude the codeshares.

It may be possible to route via MCO as well for an additional 60 points each way as apparently MIA-EZE is actually MCO-EZE with a stop in MIA, but I haven't explored this.

Going via DFW adds about 100 to the fare because it exceeds the MPM but enables you to try the AA 787 on the EZE-DFW sector from August time.

Stopovers are allowed but it is difficult to find any that do not trigger the HIP rule.

SAO and RIO are also similarly priced and open jaws are permitted. Today I booked GRU-EZE on a QR J Avios award for 21 and 15000 points, now need to figure out how to get there, but at this point it will probably be under that fare.

Last edited by Calchas; Apr 5, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.