Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention to detail

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Attention to detail

While I sit on the delayed BA926 waiting for the engineers to change the brakes, I thought we could test the powers of observation of other FTers

Spotted this morning at T5:

Who can name the door?

Last edited by shorthauldad; Feb 8, 2022 at 7:01 am
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Surely that's not "THE Door"?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The handle/lock looks like the T5 GF toilet handles.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by opalfruit
The handle/lock looks like the T5 GF toilet handles.
The lock and flooring colour is certainly from the loos at T5 GF/CCR. However, it could potentially also be from one of the shower rooms.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by shorthauldad

Who can name the door?
Keith? Stanley? Samantha?
jonkx likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by fripperies
Keith? Stanley? Samantha?
Door-othy!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The lock and flooring colour is certainly from the loos at T5 GF/CCR.
We have a winner! CCR, gents' loos, first cubicle.

This would be the point at which a cynic would complain about the state of that door, but I'm in a positive mood this year today so I won't bother
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Door-othy!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
While I sit on the delayed BA926 waiting for the engineers to change the brakes, I thought we could test the powers of observation of other FTers

Spotted this morning at T5:

Who can name the door?
Dora? (Oh please yourselves).
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
As it's the gents toilet it should me a make door so

Door-nald.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:33 am

or even Chip?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
or even Chip?
Perhaps a bit of graffiti would help: "My name is Chip, please fix me"
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
It's really a reflection on the priorities of BA. Go into any AAdmiral's Club in the US, and the bathrooms are replete with marble, (or faux marble,) and polished metal handles. And these are not considered fancy lounges.

BA just don't seem interested in "doing" premium anymore.

The problem with this is that they are encouraging an attitude among customers that one should take everything they can from the airline for as little cost as possible, because nothing more is expected from the airline.

Anytime I want a premium experience now, I'm paying for a flex or semi-flex F ticket on AF. When I fly BA, it's for under €2K using upgrades or UUA to fly F. With no ground services to speak of, crumbling lounge infrastructure as highlighted here, and the fact that I have felt the need to start self-catering in F, why would I spend real money here?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Did you log it with anyone? Genuine question - as it's a very British thing to say "Look at that!" but then not actually tell anyone who could do something about it.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmc1K
It's really a reflection on the priorities of BA. Go into any AAdmiral's Club in the US, and the bathrooms are replete with marble, (or faux marble,) and polished metal handles. And these are not considered fancy lounges.

BA just don't seem interested in "doing" premium anymore.

The problem with this is that they are encouraging an attitude among customers that one should take everything they can from the airline for as little cost as possible, because nothing more is expected from the airline.

Anytime I want a premium experience now, I'm paying for a flex or semi-flex F ticket on AF. When I fly BA, it's for under €2K using upgrades or UUA to fly F. With no ground services to speak of, crumbling lounge infrastructure as highlighted here, and the fact that I have felt the need to start self-catering in F, why would I spend real money here?
On one of our recent flights, a toilet door was broken before take off and was inoperable during the flight. It actually fell off during landing.

I decided to tweet about it out of curiosity. I mentioned that we had two good flights and that one. The BA reply irritated me a little bit. "I hope you reported it to cabin crew so it could be repaired."

It was blocking the aisle and leaning up against the wall! I think they either noticed the bang or that no one could pass!

I'm not a snob and I am happy with economy, but dilapidated? VS economy and the other BA flights were great, but this seemed to be a deeper issue than just the odd equipment failure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.