Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attention to detail

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I dimly recall on that BBC advert/documentary a BA chap at JFK who had seemed to have immense attention to detail and as I recall the CG JFK lounge was in good condition every time I have been in there.

Perhaps they need to give him responsibility for LHR as well.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Did you log it with anyone?
Fair question. No, I didn't. Do we think BA really wants to know about stuff being 'shabby' rather than actually defective?

If we took a dozen FTers on an hour-long tour of the T5 lounge complex, how many things like that do you think we'd find?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:52 am

Did you log it with anyone? Genuine question - as it's a very British thing to say "Look at that!" but then not actually tell anyone who could do something about it.
After an experience in the arrivals showers where I was so disgusted by the state of the floor that I took photos and tweeted BA about it I got back:

Thanks for letting us know, MPH1980. We'll certainly feed this back to our Lounge Manager.
to which I pointed out my hope that the lounge manager should already be aware!

The further public response read:

We'd hope so, too. But we'll certainly highlight it just in case!
The lounges shouldn't be getting into such a disgusting shape. The team should have been able to respond that there's a plan to renovate them (no idea if there is - but they should have one!). The fact they can't speaks volumes about BA's intent to keep everything looking good.

Contrast this with the hotel I'm staying in regularly. They send a survey after the stay. I mentioned some issues in the room with the decor which I also mentioned on checkout (as I was only there one night).

I got a specific 'sorry and thank you - we'll deal with it" email. When I returned 4 weeks later I was greeted with "Ah Mr MPH1980 - we see you had some problems in your room on your last stay, they've all been taken care of and, if you're ok with it, we'd be delighted to put you back in the same upgraded room"

And they were right - all fixed.

THAT's how you do it.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:56 am

I don't believe that BA is unaware of the general state of the facilities. That door is in plain sight, presumably has cleaners through it multiple times a day and I would hope should be inspected regularly.

I'd think of reporting something that may be tucked away and I think has not been noticed, but it simply wouldn't occur to me to report the state of that door.

I might complain about the general shabbiness of some of the facilities - but that's a different matter.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Fair question. No, I didn't. Do we think BA really wants to know about stuff being 'shabby' rather than actually defective?

If we took a dozen FTers on an hour-long tour of the T5 lounge complex, how many things like that do you think we'd find?
Thinking about it, that's just what BA need.

So long as they acted on it of course
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:03 am

Did you log it with anyone? Genuine question - as it's a very British thing to say "Look at that!" but then not actually tell anyone who could do something about it.
Frankly, if you're paying ~£5k for a ticket to be in the CCR in the first place, it's not your job to tell the staff the door is broken. Especially not when its as obvious as that. If they cared, they would have fixed it already.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by phol
Frankly, if you're paying ~£5k for a ticket to be in the CCR in the first place, it's not your job to tell the staff the door is broken. Especially not when its as obvious as that. If they cared, they would have fixed it already.
Indeed.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by phol
I don't disagree and you're quite right, but I would still report it - mainly as past experience dictates that I don't rely on others to do something
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Thinking about it, that's just what BA need.

So long as they acted on it of course
Well, I'm game to join the team if you are. The odd refreshment break would have to be included, of course...

Having re-read your post a couple of times, it dawned on me the key problem is the bolded bit. Who is empowered/authorised to actually get things like that fixed?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:23 am

Well, I'm game to join the team if you are. The odd refreshment break would have to be included, of course...

Having re-read your post a couple of times, it dawned on me the key problem is the bolded bit. Who is empowered/authorised to actually get things like that fixed?
Done. c-w-s, can you use your BA powers to arrange the former? Plenty of LPGS available to help us through please.

As for the latter - I'd put it in the comments book. I put stuff in there in the BS takeover days and it was definitely reviewed as I had someone reasonably senior contact me directly to discuss my concerns
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Done. c-w-s, can you use your BA powers to arrange the former? Plenty of LPGS available to help us through please.
Well I am sulking, I not only knew the answer, I could even tell SHD which bathroom he used (2nd one down on the left). And yet he chose to do this when I was offline - which isn't exactly often.

I think this is one for Twitter.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well I am sulking, I not only knew the answer, I could even tell SHD which bathroom he used (2nd one down on the left).
How long has it been like that? (I've not been in the CCR since mid-2013, and that particular visit was <10 mins!)
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Done. c-w-s, can you use your BA powers to arrange the former?
Yes, c-w-s definitely gets my vote...

...to lead the inspection team
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: BA gold
If BA wanted something low maintenance, easy to clean and robust, just install portaloos.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
How long has it been like that? (I've not been in the CCR since mid-2013, and that particular visit was <10 mins!)
Months, if not years, I'm afraid to say. I must admit, having gone to a bog-standard comprehensive where you could only moan if the roof leaked when it wasn't raining, I must have got inured to it. I'll see if I can get something done about it, even if it means some clever way of getting Polyfilla past security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.