Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Should I have been credited with these Avios & Tier points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President

Hi,

I booked a return flight to IBZ out of LHR late last summer using Ebookers...

Flew on Iberia down to BCN and then picked up a Vueling for the hop to IBZ. Subsequently returned direct to LHR on BA.

Quoted my BAEC on the ebookers website and got credited with Avios and Tier points for all flights except the Vueling.

OK, the flight was on Vueling metal but the flight number was an Iberia code...

Tried to recover these Avios & Tier points using the claim mechanism on the BA website = rejected. Rang up and was told again that Vueling were not eligible.

Left it there, but who was right...??

Chris
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:56 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
The agent.

Executive Club Members cannot collect Avios or Tier Points or spend Avios on Vueling (VY) operated flights.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:58 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This is correct, only IB flight number on IB metal will earn TP. If you wanted to have TP and Avios on Vueling, you need a booking on the BA flight number.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by nux
Yes I know, but it had an Iberia flight code on Vueling metal...does this make a difference...??
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:01 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Chris_G
Yes I know, but it had an Iberia flight code on Vueling metal...does this make a difference...??
Of course, that is why under the Iberia table on BAEC it specifically lists that exclusion:

Executive Club Members cannot collect Avios or Tier Points or spend Avios on Vueling (VY) operated flights.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ing-avios.html

IB marketed VY operated is not eligible.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris_G
The line nux quotes is specifically from the IB table on that page i.e. IB marketed and VY operated, so unfortunately you don't earn anything for your flight.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
I think you can get avios if you credit an IB account and of course can merge later - this was discussed a while ago on the board

No help now I know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.