Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

330TP over 24 hours this week - help please!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...

...and without breaking the bank I should add!

Hi all,

Am calling on the vast knowledge of this forum, following poor results I have had checking some itineraries suggested in the TP run thread - not to mention my below par command of ITA Matrix!

I find myself with an unexpected few days of low work volume this Weds/Thurs/Fri which I thought could be put to good use to cover an expected 330TP shortfall at my BAEC year-end.

Ideally, I'd like to do it over a day - one overnight if needed - in the next few days as mentioned, and pay up to say £3 per TP.

Is there any possibility of doing so or are all TP runs always carefully planned well in advance? As you can tell I have never done one, my usual flying pattern usually gives me more than enough points for renewal.

Any itinerary suggestions gratefully received.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Gold77
...and without breaking the bank I should add!

Hi all,

Am calling on the vast knowledge of this forum, following poor results I have had checking some itineraries suggested in the TP run thread - not to mention my below par command of ITA Matrix!

I find myself with an unexpected few days of low work volume this Weds/Thurs/Fri which I thought could be put to good use to cover an expected 330TP shortfall at my BAEC year-end.

Ideally, I'd like to do it over a day - one overnight if needed - in the next few days as mentioned, and pay up to say £3 per TP.

Is there any possibility of doing so or are all TP runs always carefully planned well in advance? As you can tell I have never done one, my usual flying pattern usually gives me more than enough points for renewal.

Any itinerary suggestions gratefully received.
I would say that there are too many constraints here. All low fares typically have both advance purchase restriction and the provision that you must spend Saturday night at your destination. Without satisfying those requirements you will be limited to flex business fares, which typically will be much more expensive than £3 per TP.

If you are willing to be a bit more flexible, you can still take advantage of the current BA ex-DUB sale (ends tomorrow) and book this, for example:

This is worth 40+140+140+40=360 TPs.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
£1,125 = £3.40/TP, 360 TPs.

LHR-MAD-TLV, with 48 hours in the sunshine, and over a weekend here! Obviously I am biased... but will happily take you out for a beer if you do visit.

The MAD-TLV overnight is pretty comfortable, they have mid-haul biz seats like the old BMI ones - big leather cradle seats.

Iberia – Flight 3167 (business)
Operated by Iberia 2h 25m
6:30p Thu, Mar 12
LHR London, ENG, United Kingdom
9:55p Thu, Mar 12
MAD Madrid, Spain
Airbus A340-600 (Wide-body Jet)
Change planes MAD Madrid, Spain
1h 05m
Iberia – Flight 3318 (business) 4h 50m
11:00p Thu, Mar 12
MAD Madrid, Spain
4:50a Fri, Mar 13
TLV Tel Aviv, Israel
Airbus A319 (Narrow-body Jet)

Iberia – Flight 3319 (business) 5h 30m
6:00a Sun, Mar 15
TLV Tel Aviv, Israel
10:30a Sun, Mar 15
MAD Madrid, Spain
Airbus A319 (Narrow-body Jet)
Change planes MAD Madrid, Spain
3h 05m
Iberia – Flight 3176 (business) 2h 25m
1:35p Sun, Mar 15
MAD Madrid, Spain
3:00p Sun, Mar 15
LHR London, ENG, United Kingdom
Airbus A321-100/200 (Narrow-body Jet)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold, some hotels...
Thanks v much for the suggestions so far. I knew there were quite a few constraints but also trust the collective wisdom of BAEC FT!

The DUBJFK is crazy pricing. Wow! I may have to do it despite I am supposed to be back on Saturday.

The MADTLV would be fab if I had 48 hours for some sunshine (and the kind beer invite). Feels odd that LHRMAD is in an A340 and the longer leg is only and A319 (with mid-haul seats, granted).
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:35 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Gold77
The DUBJFK is crazy pricing. Wow! I may have to do it despite I am supposed to be back on Saturday.
Most discount business fares require a Saturday night stay, as well as having 7/14/30 day advance purchase requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.