Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CWLCY LCY Arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
hmm, when arriving on BA2, I was driven to the Radisson in a car on my own. I had no idea it was normally a group transport arrangement
It all depends on whether any other passengers have requested the use of the Radisson.

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Genius1, they tend not to give you something substantial but they've always tried when I come off the 4. I tend just to grab a coffee at that time as getting to the office then starts touching 11:30-12.
Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I threw a strop in New York last week as I was fed up arriving in London with hand baggage and having to wait for people collecting bags to go to the Radisson. There was a car waiting for me in Arrivals and I was in the shower within 15 minutes of landing 😊
Sorry about that - it makes me feel a little guilty. But the baggage arrives quickly and I've never understood the rush. Isn't the enjoyment about travel is getting there?

The wait is 10 mins max. And you can check you luggage too. If you can't beat us....join us
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
The point about the checked-in luggage vs no checked-in luggage folk is interesting.

Each time I've used the service (with no checked-in luggage to wait for), I've never been asked to wait for anyone else before getting a car. In fact, I've had a car to myself (or with just the person I'm travelling with) with just one exception when we arrrived at the Arrivals desk at the same time and they put the three of us in a car together which made sense.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
It all depends on whether any other passengers have requested the use of the Radisson.

Thanks for the info.
From what I could tell there were other people using the arrivals service, just that I got my own car
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
We are on BA004, does anyone know if we will be able to get a hot/cooked breakfast at the Radission please?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I think breakfast finishes at 10:30am at the Radisson. When I was on the 004 we arrived early and when we got to the hotel they said breakfast was still on if we wanted something. If the flight arrives on schedule, then I don't think so.

You won't need one - you will be served an excellent breakfast on board.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I thought that if you arrive after the end of breakfast they let you order something from the a la carte? Is that no longer the case??
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I don't know, I was stuffed full from the breakfast on board, so there was no way I was going to eat again. It really is a lot of food on the flight, and it's very good too!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
We would prefer to sleep on the plane
and then get breakfast at the Raddison but if we can't get breakfast won't bother going there which is why I am trying to find out. I have asked BA but they don't know what is available!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:29 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

When I came in on the 4, the breakfast was finished at the Radisson but they brought me a plate from the buffet leftovers! It wasn't great.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL
When I arrived on the BA2 this week there were three of us wanting the Radisson. We each got a car.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
I end up taking the BA4 every 4-6 weeks. I don't always use arrivals but when I do breakfast is usually finished by the time I've arrived and showered.

You should speak to one of the staff in the bar area and they'll let you order pretty much what you want off the a la carte menu.

I've never been served leftovers any time I've been there! The food is a much higher standard than anything you'll get on board (or in T5 arrivals, including CCR brekkie).
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I end up taking the BA4 every 4-6 weeks. I don't always use arrivals but when I do breakfast is usually finished by the time I've arrived and showered.

You should speak to one of the staff in the bar area and they'll let you order pretty much what you want off the a la carte menu.

I've never been served leftovers any time I've been there! The food is a much higher standard than anything you'll get on board (or in T5 arrivals, including CCR brekkie).
This is my experience too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.