Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keep an eye on your ex Dub itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
I think the PNR madfish is talking about is a BA internal reference that appears about a week before departure. It appears in MyFlights app.

It has no relevance for the passenger but can sometimes, apparently, be seen on bag tags if you check luggage.

It doesn't work on BA.com and can safely be ignored.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
I think the PNR madfish is talking about is a BA internal reference that appears about a week before departure. It appears in MyFlights app.

It has no relevance for the passenger but can sometimes, apparently, be seen on bag tags if you check luggage.

It doesn't work on BA.com and can safely be ignored.
I agree, this is rather common and nothing to be concerned about.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In fact, if you look at your bag tag your original booking PNR doesn't appear on it but your "new" BA internal one does. The BA internal one appears a few days before the first flight when it syncs with the airport systems. If you have myflightsapp you will be used to the notification appearing a few days before your booking.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Keep an eye on your ex Dub itineraries

Yup - as others have said - completely normal - BA updates all BA flights with their internal red about 3 days beforehand.

Happy flying
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Thank you for the explanations. All makes sense.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Going back to this subject of keeping a track on your bookings using the MyFlights app, has anybody else had multiple changes today? From early this morning all my economy bookings have had the 'economy restricted' changed to 'economy class'. This has been done in phases, so every few minutes one of the bookings seems to be highlighted. Not a problem, but I'm interested to know why that might be?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by headingwest
Going back to this subject of keeping a track on your bookings using the MyFlights app, has anybody else had multiple changes today? From early this morning all my economy bookings have had the 'economy restricted' changed to 'economy class'. This has been done in phases, so every few minutes one of the bookings seems to be highlighted. Not a problem, but I'm interested to know why that might be?
I've seen the same. No idea why.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Glad it's not just me - I noticed it too!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:19 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I've also had the Restricted to Economy notification on a positioning flight to DUB.

Today, however, my seat reservation disappeared on a DUB-LCY - Mrs NWIFlyer and I were in 3A/3B, but now the Club Europe cabin only consists of two rows, both fully occupied so I can't select a seat. I'm assuming this will be fixed by July, but wouldn't it be a shame if they had to downgrade us on the day and pay us 75% compensation under EU261?

More to the point, what on earth is BA's IT and seat configuration doing this time? It surely can't be too hard to recognise you have more than four passengers in CE and they might want a seat each, can it?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
More to the point, what on earth is BA's IT and seat configuration doing this time? It surely can't be too hard to recognise you have more than four passengers in CE and they might want a seat each, can it?
BA's IT is rubbish, I can only assume they pay their IT staff in Avios.

The cabin will be sorted out closer to departure.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
My AA 767 with flat bed seats to JFK in August has just been switched to a 757 :-(
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by A P Yu
My AA 767 with flat bed seats to JFK in August has just been switched to a 757 :-(
DAMN! Mine too - very annoying and worth an email to AA but they will ignore it of course.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
BA texted me yesterday to tell me "We are very sorry to advise you that your flight BA4469 ... has been cancelled. We have rebooked you"

but then they emailed me to say they had replaced my BA4469 departing DUB 19:50 arriving LCY 21:05 with....

BA4471 departing DUB 19:50 arriving LCY 21:05

Sometimes it's not all bad. They appear to be rearranging their schedules a little.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by flatlander
BA texted me yesterday to tell me "We are very sorry to advise you that your flight BA4469 ... has been cancelled. We have rebooked you"

but then they emailed me to say they had replaced my BA4469 departing DUB 19:50 arriving LCY 21:05 with....

BA4471 departing DUB 19:50 arriving LCY 21:05

Sometimes it's not all bad. They appear to be rearranging their schedules a little.
I've had similar as well - same flight times just a different flight number
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Same. And at least it appears to keep seat assignments too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.