FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Keep an eye on your ex Dub itineraries (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1655356-keep-eye-your-ex-dub-itineraries.html)

ukgooner Feb 16, 2015 4:21 am

Keep an eye on your ex Dub itineraries

I thought I'd mention that AA "helpfully" re-routed a trip I booked late March. Instead of DFW-JFK-LCY-dUB, I was going DFW-PHL-DUB.

Hopefully it's all changed back again now, but I don't know why they did this...

shorthauldad Feb 16, 2015 4:24 am

:eek:

Who was the ticketing carrier?

ukgooner Feb 16, 2015 4:28 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad (Post 24359153)
:eek:

Who was the ticketing carrier?

AA - much easier for multi segment trips. Hasn't happened before though.

I suppose I will have to refix my seat assignments too shortly...

Fitch Feb 16, 2015 4:32 am

Ha, I can do better than that.

The latest of my 7 (count 'em - 7 ! - so far...) cancellations/rebooks by US had me arriving at PHX after the connecting flight to JFK took off :eek:

Thankfully I am now in the habit of daily MMB checks so managed to field that one and overall have ended up with much more sociable timings than I started with :D

xenole Feb 16, 2015 4:39 am

Not too bad here.
Have BA1 leaving a few minutes later; 2 minutes later into LAX; arriving into LAX from HNL about an hour later so far.

Only the one cancellation on next month's flights (so far) - rebooked on another flight earlier in the day that's no problem.

KARFA Feb 16, 2015 4:42 am

Can I recommend the MyFlights app. It allows you to add amadeus/sabre booking (so ok for BA ticketed bookings) and constantly monitors them. If anything gets changed including flight times, seat numbers, flight numbers etc. you get a notification on your phone and an email which highlights the change.

You can also add and view booking on their website as well.

http://www.myflightsapp.com/

It is a good way of knwoing if your booking has changed instead of waiting for am email from BA or noticing it on your BAEC page.

IFE Wizard Feb 16, 2015 4:52 am

My DUB-HNL routing has had two cancellations and two schedule changes.

My flight from PHX to JFK was delayed by just two minutes. However this meant that instead of having two hours and one minute for connecting at JFK to my BA002 LCY flight, it now exceeds the minimum connection time by ONE MINUTE, which means that I now have an additional 2 hrs 45 mins to connect to the later BA004.

ENTP Feb 16, 2015 4:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 24359196)
Can I recommend the MyFlights app. It allows you to add amadeus/sabre booking (so ok for BA ticketed bookings) and constantly monitors them. If anything gets changed including flight times, seat numbers, flight numbers etc. you get a notification on your phone and an email which highlights the change.

You can also add and view booking on their website as well.

http://www.myflightsapp.com/

It is a good way of knwoing if your booking has changed instead of waiting for am email from BA or noticing it on your BAEC page.

Thanks KARFA, this is very useful

BlackBerryAddict Feb 16, 2015 5:56 am

Just checked this myflights app, but it doesn't work for AA bookings, and it doesn't work on Android.

headingwest Feb 16, 2015 5:58 am

Originally Posted by ENTP (Post 24359234)
Thanks KARFA, this is very useful

Yes KARFA, thanks for that, it looks like a very useful tool indeed. ^

For some reason it doesn't seem to find my bookings on the Sabre system, but most flights are contained within Amadeus PNRs anyway.

Gagravarr Feb 16, 2015 7:36 am

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict (Post 24359404)
Just checked this myflights app, but it doesn't work for AA bookings, and it doesn't work on Android.

Make sure you include a BA or US Airways segment in your AA trip. That'll generate a second reference code with most (to possibly all) of your flights on it, which will work with the My Flights App :)

There's also a web interface to it, not as good as the app, but not too bad. You can get email notifications as well, to tell you when to check the site. Web version is at myflightsapp.com then click View Your Bookings

KARFA Feb 16, 2015 8:20 am

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict (Post 24359404)

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 24359411)
Yes KARFA, thanks for that, it looks like a very useful tool indeed. ^

For some reason it doesn't seem to find my bookings on the Sabre system, but most flights are contained within Amadeus PNRs anyway.

Yes, unfortunately whilst AA are on sabre, and sabre is supported, AA (and also AF) do not allow 3rd party tools to access their flight information so can't be added to myflights. Therefore, if you have an AA booking with no BA flights soo only have an AA sabre PNR it can't be added. If your AA booking has a BA flight and therefore a BA PNR as well, you can at least add the BA PNR.

Of course if you have a BA booking and BA PNR, and the booking includes AA flights, you can add the BA PNR and teh AA flights will also be monitored and you will get notifications when any changes are fed across from sabre to the BA PNR on amadeus.

Fatpenguin Feb 16, 2015 8:22 am

Originally Posted by ukgooner (Post 24359148)
I thought I'd mention that AA "helpfully" re-routed a trip I booked late March. Instead of DFW-JFK-LCY-dUB, I was going DFW-PHL-DUB.

Hopefully it's all changed back again now, but I don't know why they did this...

What reason did you give for it being changed back, if they say you can have the avois and TP's of original booking, why would they change it?

FP

MartinRattler Feb 16, 2015 8:39 am

Originally Posted by ukgooner (Post 24359148)

Maybe most of their passengers would be pleased to receive an itinerary change that means less hours and miles in the air?

I know I would.

madfish Feb 16, 2015 8:53 am

Have had a fair few changes well - lost count of how many. This did allow me to eventually cancel and rebook, saving me a few pounds as well as gaining extra TP. This finally clearer the red banner on MMB. However have had a change on this which I left until yesterday to change as followed advice from others on her to wait until nearer the time to stop constantly needing to make changes. Now showing as correct flights (including earlier flight from LAS/MIA at 22.40 rather than 00.45). Unfortunately still got the red banner, so have to check each time to make sure no more changes.

Also discovered yesterday that a positioning flight with FR has been changed by 2 hours. No notification of this and only came across this by chance. Unlike BA where 2 hours allows for cancellation and refund, FR have a 3 hour policy. Pity as would have cancelled and switched to BA even though would have meant a connection.

Will check out myflightsapp