Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just when you thought you'd seen it all... (eBay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Poster

So every now and then I check eBay, eBay now tracks previously searched items and today this popped up... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Ai...item2a4c1a835c

I know gold cards sell sometimes on eBay for £20 or £30 but who pays £80 for the welcome pack? YOU DON'T EVEN GET THE CARD...
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
No, but there are some who think they give you lounge access etc by just having the tags for your bags.

Whilst those around FT are well aware of how this works, there are more naive travellers out there who know no better and make no effort to find out. They think that is a reasonable price to enter the land of milk and honey on your annual trip.

There was a thread about this here a few years ago.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:05 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Calum
who pays £80 for the welcome pack? YOU DON'T EVEN GET THE CARD...
Probably no-one, that is just the Buy It Now price the seller has listed.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Wouldn't the cards be embossed with the FF name and number? I know it can't be used for lounge access without a matching boarding card but why sell it in the first place if it allows the original person to be identified?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
(Sorry, by cards I meant luggage tags)
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Wouldn't the cards be embossed with the FF name and number? I know it can't be used for lounge access without a matching boarding card but why sell it in the first place if it allows the original person to be identified?
That wont stop you selling them if somebody wants a set at that price. In fact I can let you have a set for say £50 . I am pretty sure I can get a brand new replacement set for the price of an email
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Just looked at the seller and I can see he's selling the Silver welcome pack for £30... The photos are taken so the strap for the tags are covering the FF number/name
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
The seller also has 100% positive feedback.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I can imagine some would regard the Gold luggage tag, connected to a briefcase or laptop bag, as useful when turning up to a job interview.....
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
(Sorry, by cards I meant luggage tags)
You know you can edit posts right...?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
These kind of offers always amaze me. I wonder if people buy them for real because it's quite unbelievable.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
The purpose of Gold luggage tags is to enable you to physically jostle other people and have three pieces of cabin baggage on an Embraer. Or, at least that's been my experience at LCY this evening.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
He has his full name, address and mobile number on the listing too
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
dammit, I recyled my pack when I could have got £20 for the bloody envelope!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC silver
They are also selling F PJs for £30!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.