FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Just when you thought you'd seen it all... (eBay) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1654423-just-when-you-thought-youd-seen-all-ebay.html)

Calum Feb 12, 2015 10:00 am

Just when you thought you'd seen it all... (eBay)

So every now and then I check eBay, eBay now tracks previously searched items and today this popped up... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Ai...item2a4c1a835c

I know gold cards sell sometimes on eBay for £20 or £30 but who pays £80 for the welcome pack? YOU DON'T EVEN GET THE CARD...

antichef Feb 12, 2015 10:05 am

No, but there are some who think they give you lounge access etc by just having the tags for your bags.

Whilst those around FT are well aware of how this works, there are more naive travellers out there who know no better and make no effort to find out. They think that is a reasonable price to enter the land of milk and honey on your annual trip.

There was a thread about this here a few years ago.

nux Feb 12, 2015 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 24338980)
who pays £80 for the welcome pack? YOU DON'T EVEN GET THE CARD...

Probably no-one, that is just the Buy It Now price the seller has listed.

HarryKUK Feb 12, 2015 10:07 am

Wouldn't the cards be embossed with the FF name and number? I know it can't be used for lounge access without a matching boarding card but why sell it in the first place if it allows the original person to be identified?

HarryKUK Feb 12, 2015 10:08 am

(Sorry, by cards I meant luggage tags)

antichef Feb 12, 2015 10:10 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK (Post 24339031)
Wouldn't the cards be embossed with the FF name and number? I know it can't be used for lounge access without a matching boarding card but why sell it in the first place if it allows the original person to be identified?

That wont stop you selling them if somebody wants a set at that price. In fact I can let you have a set for say £50 :D. I am pretty sure I can get a brand new replacement set for the price of an email ;)

Calum Feb 12, 2015 10:14 am

Just looked at the seller and I can see he's selling the Silver welcome pack for £30... The photos are taken so the strap for the tags are covering the FF number/name

vishalgupta22 Feb 12, 2015 10:52 am

The seller also has 100% positive feedback.

Internaut Feb 12, 2015 11:02 am

I can imagine some would regard the Gold luggage tag, connected to a briefcase or laptop bag, as useful when turning up to a job interview.....

clubman Feb 12, 2015 11:10 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK (Post 24339035)
(Sorry, by cards I meant luggage tags)

You know you can edit posts right...? :)

themapelligroup Feb 12, 2015 11:44 am

These kind of offers always amaze me. I wonder if people buy them for real because it's quite unbelievable.

paul4040 Feb 12, 2015 11:48 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK (Post 24339031)

The purpose of Gold luggage tags is to enable you to physically jostle other people and have three pieces of cabin baggage on an Embraer. Or, at least that's been my experience at LCY this evening. :)

mike&co Feb 12, 2015 11:48 am

He has his full name, address and mobile number on the listing too

snuffi Feb 12, 2015 11:51 am

dammit, I recyled my pack when I could have got £20 for the bloody envelope!

Swampz64 Feb 12, 2015 11:52 am

They are also selling F PJs for £30!