Wiki Posts
Search

BA 268 21 hour delay feb 10

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam elite, One world Emerald

The lax-LHR 268 is delayed from 2045 on the 10th until 1800 on the 11th.

Only received a text message with that info, no suggestions on whether hotel will be provided, how onward connections from LHR are rearranged, etc.

Is it usual to only have this minimal info? Is one supposed to just figure it out by themselves?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Check your booking on MMB; you've probably been rebooked already. Go to the airport if you can and they'll sort out a hotel for you (and rebooking, if that hasn't already been done), or just go to a reasonably priced hotel and send BA the bill.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Automated text messages tend to provide just the very basics and are sent to all pax with a messaging capability registered with BA or on the specific booking. If you want to discuss hotels and rerouting, you should call in.

I would suggest looking at your options first so that you can make a sensible request of the agent rather than simply accepting what is offered (although that may be just fine).
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

MMB still shows the connecting flight as the original one. I will make the trek to the airport and figure it out from there.
Have been pretty lucky with no major delays in the past, so I guess it was bound to happen at some point. Would be nice to at least tell my family what time I'm getting home.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
What time are you going to be at LAX? As a OWE, if theres availability, you may be able to get the Airport to put you on the AA136 leaving at 1840, important to note that the contact centres wouldn't be able to do this for you.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL

So, does that mean three A380s on the LAX route tomorrow?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Today's BA269 was delayed by a couple of hours, then 3, then 4, then 5 then overnight. Apparently one of the newer A380 has engine problems.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

So was offered a seat on the AA flight, but in a lower cabin of service, which I declined. Friendly agent did arrange to sort out the connecting flight..MMB currently shows 3 bookings on LHR-AMS on the 12th for 3 different flights. Hotel at LAX was provided, so other than a days delay it was all sorted. Will be going for the EU 261 compensation though, but will wait first if anything is proactively offered when I take the flight tomorrow.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pattas
So was offered a seat on the AA flight, but in a lower cabin of service, which I declined. Friendly agent did arrange to sort out the connecting flight..MMB currently shows 3 bookings on LHR-AMS on the 12th for 3 different flights. Hotel at LAX was provided, so other than a days delay it was all sorted. Will be going for the EU 261 compensation though, but will wait first if anything is proactively offered when I take the flight tomorrow.
I doubt very much that the airline will pay the EUR600 at the airport
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Speedbird876
So, does that mean three A380s on the LAX route tomorrow?
Yes. LEC, LEG and LEH will be operating the BA269, BA269X and BA283.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by pattas
EU compensation won't be pro-actively offered or fulfilled at the airport. A formal claim will need to be lodged.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:36 am
Original Poster

To bring closure to this thread, just arrived back home after a mad dash through LHR to get to my connecting flight after arriving on the 268X. Very empty flight, only reference to the delay came when we arrived at LHR, where the FO announced we were carrying less passengers than a 319. I guess a lot of rebooking and shuffling for the majority of the pax on the original flight. I was on the upper deck, with maybe 10 in CW, 20 in WT+ and maybe 30 or do in WT.
Now going to look in to the 261 regulation, with the icing on the cake being that my luggage did not make it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.