Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by JSM8
When I was last in the AA lounge they had seriously 'enhanced' away most of the sweets and chocolates (sorry 'candy') which, with the take-away opportunity invited through the bright striped bags, were the only reason to visit the lounge!
Yesterday the J lounge had Werther's, fruit salad and something else I cannot recall. No chocolates or popcorn
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by IntVic
Yesterday the J lounge had Werther's, fruit salad and something else I cannot recall. No chocolates or popcorn

it is generally frowned upon, if passengers remove cans of beer, coke, bags of crisps etc, stuffing them into hand luggage and not consuming them in the lounge.....
But I think we have all done it on odd occasions
​​​​​​

so they are more than happy for you to fill up a paper bag with candy to take on the flight...and it is actively encouraged?

cool 😁
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
​​​​​​so they are more than happy for you to fill up a paper bag with candy to take on the flight...and it is actively encouraged?

cool ��
Yes, I think the idea is it something to give the kids when you get home. Which poses the question as to what should happen if you don't or no longer have kids at home. There used to be 6 or 8 varieties, now they are down to about 4.

CCR T7 has something similar. LGW lounges for some strange reason used to have a tub of Foxes mints - the ones with the blue wrappers - on the desk, but it was useful for the later ascent and descent.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Grace B
How is it easier in the CX lounge?
For J, well, have you tried?

CX J. Walk up to bar. Barman there. Ask. Champagne. Delivered with a smile.

BA J. Look. There's a table clearer over there. Quick scoot. No he's gone. He's fast. No more around. Walk around. Off in the distance someone is clearing one of a hundred tables full of glasses. Move fast. NOOO. They're gone. Where are they going? Ah I see the door over there. Go and ask at the door. Pissed off person gets you a champagne. You ask for a second for the other half. Served one with a harumff. Feel like a beggar. Vow to never fly BA again. Next time, I hear of CX lounge opening. Vow to never go to a BA T3 J lounge again.

I've never tried to get champers in AA J lounge. But AA has often served me sparkling wine when I asked for champers onboard. So I don't try.

Last edited by Smid; Jun 16, 2019 at 6:00 am
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
[QUOTE=Smid;31204987]
Originally Posted by Grace B

For J, well, have you tried?

CX J. Walk up to bar. Barman there. Ask. Champagne. Delivered with a smile.

BA J. Look. There's a table clearer over there. Quick scoot. No he's gone. He's fast. No more around. Walk around. Off in the distance someone is clearing one of a hundred tables full of glasses. Move fast. NOOO. They're gone. Where are they going? Ah I see the door over there. Go and ask at the door. Pissed off person gets you a champagne. You ask for a second for the other half. Served one with a harumff. Feel like a beggar. Vow to never fly BA again. Next time, I hear of CX lounge opening. Vow to never go to a BA T3 J lounge again.

I've never tried to get champers in AA J lounge. But AA has often served me sparkling wine when I asked for champers onboard. So I don't try.
This made me LOL 😂 soooo true
Vasco Pridat and Fatdickie like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I’m gonna have 3-4 hours in T3 from around 9-13:00.

itll be my first time in any of the lounges.

im OWE.

any recommendations? I’m thinking some nice food, a few nice drinks and a good place to work. I’m happy to move lounges!
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Lewis42

im OWE.

any recommendations? I’m thinking some nice food, a few nice drinks and a good place to work. I’m happy to move lounges!
What would you like to know that isn't covered in the Wiki and the previous 605 posts?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by Lewis42

im OWE.

Qantas is my favourite for breakfast and perhaps one of their elderflower cocktails. It’s always going to be personal, but think they have the best spread; there’s a nice mix of full fry up alongside healthier options. I also prefer the Qantas showers to the Cathay ones (probably sacrilege on here to suggest that; but they’re lighter and I prefer that). Then perhaps wander up to Cathay for a cocktail or two for elevenses along with some dim sum and champagne. I don’t find Qantas particularly comfortable for lounging around, but it’s worth a trip for the food.

TFC
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I popped into the AA lounge on Wednesday on my way to the gate to make a quick pit stop for some candy. There were around 6-8 different jars of sweets. As it was for my wife, I just filled up a paper bag with the caramels that were on offer.

I had stopped off earlier at the QANTAS lounge for breakfast and to get a flat white coffee for my wife. I was a little disappointed with the food offering and the bubble were nothing spectacular. My wife didn’t eat much there, so we swung next door to the Cathy lounge for some dim sum. I enjoyed the bubbles there a lot more than the QF lounge. I didn’t bother with the BA J lounge and as stated above, I only stopped off at the AA lounge for the candy. The food on board on the AA flight was so dire, that my wife ended up eating the entire bag of caramels during the flight.

Next up is a flight in F to SAN in January, so the plan is to try breakfast in the F lounge at Cathy and then pop into the BA F lounge to see what champagne is on offer there and perhaps stick my nose in the door to the AA F lounge assuming that it hasn’t switched to a flagship lounge by then.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:23 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Was at the CX F lounge yesterday at breakfast time, it was definitely unsophisticated orange juice from concentrate. It was perfectly fine, but mention as I know the same offering causes upset among some when the BA F lounge offers it from time to time. But it's a lovely lounge.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
BA flights departing LHR T3

Is there an up to date list of BA flights that now depart T3?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
Is there an up to date list of BA flights that now depart T3?
see post 2 of this thread A Guide to Connecting at LHR T5
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:30 am
mhy

Programs: JGC
I made a quick stop in the Cathay lounge last Friday before an AA flight. The noodle bar was nice and fast (I only had like 20 minutes so I appreciated that) and wonton noodles were tasty. Lounge has a similar vibe as the Pier at HKG but much smaller and not as nice. Didn't try the showers but was the bathroom was nice.

One thing to note is that the lounge was easily a 15-minute walk from my gate (36) and I ended up running a bit as my flight started boarding early. Something to keep in mind...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
We visited the CX J lounge a few Saturdays ago. Seemed to have dropped the Chicken chow mein from the main menu, and the Dan Dan Mien wasn't as tasty as I remember it.

Booze still as good, but it struck me as the if the menu wasn't as good as before. Really just Dim Sum.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:09 am

I visited the CX F lounge on the way to LAS 2 weeks ago and was a bit disappointed. We got there about 12.30 and suspected it’d be busy. The lounge itself wasn’t but the restaurant was. Asked for a table, told it’d be about 15 mins and they’d call me, no problem. 20 mins came & went, I went up to the desk and was told they’d given away the table when we didn’t come back. Was less than impressed but got a table about 5 mins later.

When we did order it took a solid 35 mins for the food to arrive. While it was nice, it certainly wasn’t worth the wait or hassle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.