Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:00 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
What you've posted illustrates what others have said - namely that child access is extended to:

- Qantas Club member and
- on a QF flight number

As you meet neither of those criteria, I'm afraid I don't see that you qualify of right. That's not to say the lounge agent won't let you in, but it's not something you'll rely on.

The practical option is to take the advice of c-w-s and head for Cathay, where the rules are somewhat more likely to be ignored.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jdsworld
Friends of mine who lounge hop at T3 regularly have a rule: "Drink at Qantas, eat at Cathay."
I can imagine this being the case for gin drinkers and a a lot of other drinkers, but since the lack of champers (only sparkling wine), it doesn't hold for some...

I've not tried cocktails at the Qantas (or indeed anything since the CX lounge opened), but the CX cocktails are good though....
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
What you've posted illustrates what others have said - namely that child access is extended to:

- Qantas Club member and
- on a QF flight number

As you meet neither of those criteria, I'm afraid I don't see that you qualify of right. That's not to say the lounge agent won't let you in, but it's not something you'll rely on.

The practical option is to take the advice of c-w-s and head for Cathay, where the rules are somewhat more likely to be ignored.
This thread suggests Cathay is extremely restrictive. I will report back late June and let you know how this turns out.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by Smid
I can imagine this being the case for gin drinkers and a a lot of other drinkers, but since the lack of champers (only sparkling wine), it doesn't hold for some...

I've not tried cocktails at the Qantas (or indeed anything since the CX lounge opened), but the CX cocktails are good though....
Yes, they would be gin drinkers.

I'm taking my first ever OW J flight from T3 in a few months time on CX (previous J flights from T3 have been on VS), I was looking to follow my friend's rule, but as a champagne and cocktail kind of guy, I might just stick to the CX lounge.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
I tend to start off in CX and finish in Qantas for pre-flight g&ts. Of course. You can always have a few drinks in CX before then as well :-)

Last edited by gliderpilot; Jun 12, 2019 at 11:37 am
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Although used T3 a few times over the years, my flight to Budapest on 29th will be my first with silver status.

with all this talk about which lounge is best for cocktails, which one for food.....

I am starting to look forward to my first lounge hoping experiance almost as much as my trip. 😂

So. Who has tried the Green Ant gin?
do they stay in the bottle or do they end up in the glass?
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
I can confirm they go into the glass. It’s a nice gin. Try the Aviation gin also, very drinkable!

Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:53 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Lost-in-Space
Apart from a prior comment about lounge dragons not letting you in, I think there are additional problems:
No foxes here, just a Red Valkyrie. Dragons still a problem restricting access though...
dpfs likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As our only ever (to date) T3 lounge experience, we followed FT advice and headed to the CX lounge. Which was OK. Dim Sum nice, but other than that slightly unmoved until ... we checked out the BA Lounge, which was fairly dismal location-wise.

Hey-ho, back to the LGW FLounge which seems to be our normal (and acceptable) destiny.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Although used T3 a few times over the years, my flight to Budapest on 29th will be my first with silver status.

with all this talk about which lounge is best for cocktails, which one for food.....

I am starting to look forward to my first lounge hoping experiance almost as much as my trip. 😂

Breakfast/brunch in Qantas, a champagne and dim sum lunch in Cathay and then back to Qantas for some pre-flight G&Ts is my usual plan.

The Green Ant gin is very pleasant.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
If not in an F lounge and not breakfast (where such things as Eggs Benedict might be good in AA F and BA F if that is what you want, and its about things in your Breakfast buffet), then its these choices, I think:

Like chinese/spicy food? CX. European food? Qantas.

Champagne? Easier in the CX (a bar) than BA. Not in Qantas.

Cocktails? I can only speak for CX (F and J), and they do perfectly fine cocktails from their bar. I think Qatas is supposed to be good for cocktails, and very good for gin.

BA and AA seem to be battling it out for worst lounge (both J and F).
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
When I was last in the AA lounge they had seriously 'enhanced' away most of the sweets and chocolates (sorry 'candy') which, with the take-away opportunity invited through the bright striped bags, were the only reason to visit the lounge!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Cocktails in the Qantas lounge is mostly miss rather than hit if you are upstairs. IME, the staff, very pleasant as they are, are not trained to make cocktails, so you get their random interpretation from a recipe. So it’s rarely good.

I find the Cathay J lounge to be consistently far better in this respect, the staff know what a cocktail should be without the need for a recipe card.

As soon as you see someone trying to make an Espresso martini from a recipe card, you already know it’s not going to look the part.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JSM8
When I was last in the AA lounge they had seriously 'enhanced' away most of the sweets and chocolates (sorry 'candy') which, with the take-away opportunity invited through the bright striped bags, were the only reason to visit the lounge!
Huh? I was in the AA F lounge two days ago and the usual number of jars stuffed full of candy were there.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
[QUOTE=Smid;31198055]
Champagne? Easier in the CX (a bar) than BA. Not in Qantas.

How is it easier in the CX lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.