Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:22 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I've been told by a source at BA that they will honour the flights that are ticketed but will be watched for full itinerary completion.

If you're not on BA ticket stock then you might not be as lucky...

Be safe!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:24 am

The prices are still shown on ba.com

Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by rxfleming
I've been told by a source at BA that they will honour the flights that are ticketed but will be watched for full itinerary completion.

Be safe!
Funny that - decided I would take the last leg of an ex-GER ticket this evening after all. With airport hotel and RFS etc. it's probably costing me £3 per TP all-in, but thought I should probably take it (hotel pool open until 11pm, so could be time for a quick dip later )
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
Also AA.com allows you to place a hold on an itinerary that is set to expire and continue to use the expired fare for ticketing beyond the expiry date. But I guess they have a custom method to do that.
My experience has been that if you put a reservation on hold on the last day of the fare validity you will only get a hold until the end of the day. So check the hold expiration if you do this.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Caleklika
I was on the phone with BA and his boss confirmed that tickets will be honoured.
I doubt call centre staff (including supervisors) know anything as yet. The situation will be carefully studied by the various airlines involved (which makes things more complicated) including their commercial, revenue, and legal teams, and they will try to come up with a policy. Only then will they inform staff and that will undoubtedly take some time. I am guessing the earliest they are likely to know is tomorrow morning and it could be later than that. I think patience is the name of the game right now, as well as calm because in such cases, rumours (whether based or baseless) invariably abound.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by rxfleming

Be safe!
Of course someone had to say this. Cue months of people debating this...! I doubt they will go after people. The fare is not that far below sale prices seen.

Now: I am guessing a good few destinations will be cut from this years Xmas sale...!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:39 am

Just Jokered OSL - SFO into first. Around £800 + some Avios for two...thanks FT!

With that + cricket, I think I need to give myself a pinch!!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
Was this fare a mistake do we know, or just a very limited one? I do hope I get to fly it.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by njf63
Well, I'm not sure if I have a booking or not

I booked via the AA website for about £550 , then called up to make a change to the itinerary so that it now shows the itinerary below.

However, this has moved the reservation's status from "Ticketed" to "On Request" and the pricing has defaulted to £3660 !!!

So will just have to see what happens overnight...

Code:
Route   Flight   Cabin               A/C   Notes
OSL-LHR AA 6228  BA CE         319  
LHR-JFK AA 0105  AA Business   777 Been wanting to try this for a while :)
JFK-PHX AA 1897  AA First      321  
PHX-JFK AA 1727  AA First      321  
JFK-LHR AA 6137  BA CW         747  Upper Desk :) 
LHR-OSL AA 6368/ BA CE         319
Well, well it is now "Ticketed" and the receipt says "Exchange" so I have a feeling I'm going to get the £400ish price

Not popping the cava just yet in case of void but allowing myself a moment of quiet satisfaction
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by snuffi
Was this fare a mistake do we know, or just a very limited one? I do hope I get to fly it.
Surely a mistake? I was wondering if perhaps they somehow filed the prices for cheapest economy O fares in the I column instead, but I have no idea whether that's plausible or not.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Shall we put this Norway discussion into a separate thread? I can see this running for a few days and it's beyond the scope of the main purpose of this thread (since it may not have been a Sale at all!). Furthermore further pontification about whether this gets honoured won't be related to the main thread.

EDIT: It's happened already!

All discussion on the Norway special pricing that came up for a few hours on 6 August 2015, courtesy of crazy8534's scoop, should go over to:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...take-fare.html

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Aug 6, 2015 at 11:56 am
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
O fares were about 1000 NOK less each way when I looked (didn't manage to get anything however because my schedule is pretty full!)
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Shall we put this Norway discussion into a separate thread?
I only wish someone had done that this morning - then I would've clicked on it!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Shall we put this Norway discussion into a separate thread? I can see this running for a few days and it's beyond the scope of the main purpose of this thread (since it may not have been a Sale at all!). Furthermore further pontification about whether this gets honoured won't be related to the main thread.

Anyone agree?
Hi CWS, I just started one before I saw your post!
I'm sorry for not making a separate thread this morning, in retrospect it would have been better.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I only wish someone had done that this morning - then I would've clicked on it!

Some BA rep would probably have done the same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.