Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:09 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Judging by what's happened to mine, it looks like this has been done automatically.
I suspect that's because you had a post in the part of the thread that's been split off (this part). I only stumbled across this new thread because it happened to still be on the front page when i logged in.

Adding one final post to the old thread would let subscribers know that there's a new one. This has usually been done to archived threads, but not this time. I'll alert the mods...
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:32 am

Still available:

WTP Dublin to the US ~£700

TKXEPEU

PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

PERMITTED 01APR THROUGH 24JUN OR 23AUG THROUGH 31OCT OR
18DEC THROUGH 31DEC ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT EUR 75.00.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Next Business sale ex eu or uk?

I've been advised I may be able to have time off in August to visit my daughter again in Tokyo. I have the required Avios for a Business return for myself and Mrs AQ with a 241but could also hang around for an ex EU sale if they do them to the Far East.
I appreciate you buy what you would fly etc but given I can wait a while I'd prefer to increase my TPs and Avios if possible, 28th Apr notwithstanding.
Could anyone speculate or comment on previous sales please?
Thanks AQ
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There should be a CW sale for the summer months July-Aug ex-UK later this year.

I do not know if the ex-uk will be cheaper than ex-eu. ( there is a ex-BRU flight to tokyo in mid aug for around £2200

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:23 pm

Right now there are very good fares on MAD-LHR-HND in aug at around £1.7K. BCN, BRU, OSL and others also have good fares.

ARN-LHR-NRT at £1.6k in aug is the cheapest I can find.

I've never really seen sub £1.3k on HND/NRT but I guess it could happen but £1.7k is hardly bad for the distance.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond
I'm not sure if there is a WTP sale currently being offered from DUB but this morning I managed to book what I consider to be a bargain fare DUB LHR SIN (stop) SYD and return without a stopover. Fare €1440 return for January 2016 including taxes so under £1100. I applied a Gold Upgrade voucher and have secured Club World seating. Maybe this should not be in the Sale thread but quite a bargain in any case? While it is non-refundable it is changeable for €180 plus fare difference.

Last edited by docgasman; Feb 16, 2015 at 3:20 am Reason: More Info
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: BA GGL
Wow, that is a really good price, especially with a GU applied! ^
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond
Thanks Filthy Monkey I went to the BA website (which would not allow me a stop in SIN - bonkers) so made the booking by phone. I succumbed to the £5 booking fee - couldn't be bothered challenging that. All my needs met: A380 to SIN, 3 nights there to meet university mates, onwards to SYD and straight through back. I was even more surprised that normal redemption seats were available without a Joker - for about £1070 I thought it was a really good deal - January should be a busy time on the Kangaroo Route? DUB certainly has lots of ongoing bargain fares on BA OW!

As an aside a confidant @ DUB has told me that QR about to move in to DUB market!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
I've been advised I may be able to have time off in August to visit my daughter again in Tokyo. I have the required Avios for a Business return for myself and Mrs AQ with a 241but could also hang around for an ex EU sale if they do them to the Far East.
I appreciate you buy what you would fly etc but given I can wait a while I'd prefer to increase my TPs and Avios if possible, 28th Apr notwithstanding.
Thanks AQ
There is often a brief sale around Easter but being an avid follower of FT I doubt the savings will be greater than those acheivable by booking exEU (and I expect BA is aware of this hence their meagre discounts).
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by docgasman
I'm not sure if there is a WTP sale currently being offered from DUB but this morning I managed to book what I consider to be a bargain fare DUB LHR SIN (stop) SYD and return without a stopover. Fare €1440 return for January 2016 including taxes so under £1100. I applied a Gold Upgrade voucher and have secured Club World seating. Maybe this should not be in the Sale thread but quite a bargain in any case? While it is non-refundable it is changeable for €180 plus fare difference.
That fare has been around for awhile. It's a great one, it got even lower in the last WT/WT+ sale to around £970GBP. At one point I've seen MAD-LHR-SIN-SYD rtn for £450 in WT so they do come around.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC
What happened to the "When's the next BA fare sale A: We don't know" thread. Can it be stickied? Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by SCSA
What happened to the "When's the next BA fare sale A: We don't know" thread. Can it be stickied? Thanks.
It's closed...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dont-know.html
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
Thanks AQ
Insofar as it's potentially possible to speculatively forecast the likelihood of when exUK sales may subsequently occur (), I keep a list of current and past ones on the blog here:

http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...-fare-archive/
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I'd start a When is the next BA sale from North America? thread but that would have tumbleweeds blowing around in it. They simply never happen anymore
tooblue likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by continentalclub
Insofar as it's potentially possible to speculatively forecast the likelihood of when exUK sales may subsequently occur (), I keep a list of current and past ones on the blog here:

http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...-fare-archive/
And a useful list it is too, thanks for keeping it up continentalclub.
I see the current 'free upgrade to F promotion' ends 13th March and IME the J/F sales usually follow promptly, which would seem to be in keeping with the previous timings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.