FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   on hold with BA on landline and mobile... 30 mins and going (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1649933-hold-ba-landline-mobile-30-mins-going.html)

Saltire74 Jan 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Last Monday at 14:00 GMT it took me 4.5 mins to be connected to a real person on the Silver line. The only problem was the technical issue on the line itself which I reported on a previous thread. In contrast calling CX in PEK on Saturday evening waiting for 47 mins because the payment system that is used here more often than not spits back at you when trying to use a UK credit card to pay for flights (guardedly confirmed by CS agent on phone).

Out of interest. When did BA stop the process of having to input your BAEC number before speaking to a CS agent on the dedicated lines?

Safe & Happy travels

S

JAXBA Jan 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74 (Post 24246585)
Out of interest. When did BA stop the process of having to input your BAEC number before speaking to a CS agent on the dedicated lines?

If you did enter it at one point, it probably wasn't within the last 10+ years, at least not on the US numbers, I know it hasn't.

BA's call system doesn't know who you are, even by the number you're calling from - it's simply the number that's dialled that gives you the priority in the queue as well as the department your call is routed to. The agent doesn't even get your phone number displayed on a caller ID, only some information about the type of call they're receiving (based on the line the customer calls in on). All that appears on the phone display is one line of text that says something like UK_SILV_SVC. You're completely anonymous to the phone system and the agent until you identify yourself (don't go prank calling now!).

Hanging up before the call is answered doesn't hurt anyone waiting after you, it just adds another tally to the 'calls abandoned' column.

worjackie14 Jan 27, 2015 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA (Post 24247089)

If you did enter it at one point, it probably wasn't within the last 10+ years, at least not on the US numbers, I know it hasn't.

BA's call system doesn't know who you are, even by the number you're calling from - it's simply the number that's dialled that gives you the priority in the queue as well as the department your call is routed to. The agent doesn't even get your phone number displayed on a caller ID, only some information about the type of call they're receiving (based on the line the customer calls in on). All that appears on the phone display is one line of text that says something like UK_SILV_SVC. You're completely anonymous to the phone system and the agent until you identify yourself (don't go prank calling now!).

Hanging up before the call is answered doesn't hurt anyone waiting after you, it just adds another tally to the 'calls abandoned' column.

All of that is about to change this year, finally!

********views are mine and do not represent British Airways**********