Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

on hold with BA on landline and mobile... 30 mins and going

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

House phone is in on Silver CS, waiting 30mins.

mobile phone is on normal CS line, waiting 10 mins...

Both are for cancelling a flight. Who will win? mobile or landline?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

And mobile won!!! This is strange..
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Well I read an article on The Points Guy website and it says that it would be faster to reach the guys by... Calling overseas BAEC centre using Skype, I.e phoning th Singapore office using Skype and you will be amazed by their answering speed.

(BTW did anyone enjoy the nice BA tone while waiting to be called? )
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by ITryToFly
House phone is in on Silver CS, waiting 30mins.

mobile phone is on normal CS line, waiting 10 mins...

Both are for cancelling a flight. Who will win? mobile or landline?
Depends what you are trying to do. Calling executive club would be manchester call centre or if you want to speak to change booking department its newcastle/delhi so it depends seperately which department is busier at any one time.

All opinions are my own and dont represent ba ir iag***
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:03 pm

I'd like it if BA had a more honest menu.
  • If you'd like to give us money, please press 1 to be put through in two minutes
  • If you've already given us money, go put the kettle on because we don't give a toss anymore

EDIT: 'we' being the people who run the company, not the staff in the call centres, who are usually lovely
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:32 pm

So you are blocking two lines when you only need one? Yet you complain about the hold time? Has critical thinking always been problematical for you?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
A Silver having a phone call to BAEC answered inside of an hour. I thought it was only Golds who got that privilege. I must write in and complain.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Airbridge
So you are blocking two lines when you only need one? Yet you complain about the hold time? Has critical thinking always been problematical for you?
OP wasn't 'blocking' anything if he hung up the second line before he spoke to an agent. The person behind him in the queue gets through at the exact same time they would have done if he hadn't held at all.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Actually critical thinking is my bread and butter.

There is no complaint from me in my post, merely an interest that arose by wondering which one would be faster. By using my critical thinking skills, I managed to observe, evaluate, gather information and then make a judgement on what I should do next time.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by popmagnet
OP wasn't 'blocking' anything if he hung up the second line before he spoke to an agent. The person behind him in the queue gets through at the exact same time they would have done if he hadn't held at all.
Maybe Airbridge was also on hold... question is which line?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by popmagnet
You do know he was on two different lines and that there is a different hierarchy for queue placement based on status ( despite what some will have you believe) ?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by ITryToFly
Maybe Airbridge was also on hold... question is which line?
I have people to call their people and avoid that issue. There again I also made it a priority to ensure the IVR software (at a not to be named company) detected when a membership number was detected to be live in more than one session, to boot all but one and place the remaining one at the rear of the lowest ranked queue. The caller would not be aware of this as he simply went into a "ringing out loop".

The root cause for a large number of customer service issues can be traced back to the customer. Go figure
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:56 pm

You do know he was on two different lines and that there is a different hierarchy for queue placement based on status ( despite what some will have you believe) ?
You're going to have to spell this out to me. How were the people behind him in the silver queue delayed? When he hangs up, the person behind him will move up to the position they'd have been in if OP had never called the silver line at all.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
I have people to call their people and avoid that issue. There again I also made it a priority to ensure the IVR software (at a not to be named company) detected when a membership number was detected to be live in more than one session, to boot all but one and place the remaining one at the rear of the lowest ranked queue. The caller would not be aware of this as he simply went into a "ringing out loop".

The root cause for a large number of customer service issues can be traced back to the customer. Go figure

Surely Airbridge, you wouldnt do it by having someone put in there number, thats so 1990, lol

Nowadays most call centres prioritise by CLI (your phone number), which is linked to your account, and if your really posh it brings up your account on screen as well ahh if only all call centres invested in this.... I'm sure BA could do this
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I spent a total of 57 minutes adding my open jaw return earlier... 38 mins waiting and 19 mins sorting the flights. Always amuses me how long it takes to sort, took me 2 mins to giver them the flight numbers I wanted, the rest of the time was just on hold for the 'taxes' calculation and payment!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.