Wiki Posts
Search

CCR Room Lounge 3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meh
CCR Room Lounge 3

I have ran a search but not found any info. Are there plans to open one in T3 any time soon? I plan to fly to CPT later this year.

Another question. Arrive in T3 in F, and then to DUB from T5. Can I use the CCR in T5 after transferring.

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Can't answer the first question, but yes you will be able to use the CCR after transferring
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:30 am

I though the Concorde Room were so named as they only exist on the defunct prime BA Concorde route, i.e. LHR-JFK?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by bulkhead
I though the Concorde Room were so named as they only exist on the defunct prime BA Concorde route, i.e. LHR-JFK?
With the "Concorde dining room" recently opening in IAD, BA seem to be broadening the use of the brand to link it to First Class travel. There's been various speculations on here over the years whether any other airport would/should get a CCR and nothing has happened on that front.

With some flights with "relative flagship status" (ish) (eg MIA being served by 380) moving to T3, there have been rumours as to whether T3 (or indeed another outstation (served by 380?)) might get a CCR of sorts.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by bulkhead
They originally provided a separate lounge for Concorde passengers, from which it was possible to board the plane directly.

However, for LHR that was in the T4 days.

Concorde had long gone when T5 was opened and the Concorde Room became a lounge exclusively for BA F passengers. As such it is outside the scope of the OW rules and therefore doesn't admit GCHs/OWEs who are not flying BA F or indeed those flying other OW F - the GF is for them

It would however make a lot of sense to have a CCR in T3. Indeed this could be an improvement on T5, because T3 lounges tend to be better/quieter than their T5 equivalents and unlike T5, long haul flights actually depart from the terminal where the CCR would be, without the need for a bus or a transfer to a satellite terminal.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was thinking that CCR no.3 would perhaps be at LGW, surely there are more F flights departing from there than T3?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Gomac
I was thinking that CCR no.3 would perhaps be at LGW, surely there are more F flights departing from there than T3?
Gatwick has always been the spotty, unloved cousin I'm afraid. The existing lounges there are now very tatty (even if they have their charm).

I don't foresee it happening.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stevie
I have ran a search but not found any info. Are there plans to open one in T3 any time soon? I plan to fly to CPT later this year.

Another question. Arrive in T3 in F, and then to DUB from T5. Can I use the CCR in T5 after transferring.

Thanks.
Though the question has been answered already by many, I still want to add this.

As you are departing from T5, you can't use any departure lounge at T3. So even if there was a CCR in T3, you won't be able to use it.

As others said, you can use the CCR in T5. You can also book a cabana & Elemis spa treatment by calling YouFirst.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
As you are departing from T5, you can't use any departure lounge at T3. So even if there was a CCR in T3, you won't be able to use it.
CPT is moving to LHR T3 in October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.