Wiki Posts
Search

Which 777-200 to Denver

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Which 777-200 to Denver

Hi guys,
I'm flying LHR-DEN in a few weeks. I'm pretty sure it's the 3-class 777-200 (from talking to a friend who is a CSD, and also no first class seats for sale), but the seating plan I'm being offered on the BA website is for the 4-class 777-200. An error, or am I missing something?
Cheers
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Is First now selling on that route? I thought I read that it was or certainly will be.

It certainly used to be a 3-class 777 but I got a 4-class plane once meaning NF seat with CW service. It was when quite a few of the 3-class ones were out for maintenance.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by jezzy_o
Hi guys,
I'm flying LHR-DEN in a few weeks. I'm pretty sure it's the 3-class 777-200 (from talking to a friend who is a CSD, and also no first class seats for sale), but the seating plan I'm being offered on the BA website is for the 4-class 777-200. An error, or am I missing something?
Cheers
They do sometimes put a 4 class on that route but don't sell F seats. The F cabin is not usually opened to CW passengers unless CW is oversold and then the airport staff usually offer the F seats by reference to status.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; IHG Plat; My Waitrose Card (Great for free coffee!)
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Is First now selling on that route? I thought I read that it was or certainly will be.

It certainly used to be a 3-class 777 but I got a 4-class plane once meaning NF seat with CW service. It was when quite a few of the 3-class ones were out for maintenance.
DEN is going to be a 747 from 29/03/15 so will be definitely 4 class from then
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Moonmonkey
DEN is going to be a 747 from 29/03/15 so will be definitely 4 class from then
There will still be 747s fitted with OF then, so a 747 is not a guarantor of 4 class service.

DEN is going back to 4 class however.

Last edited by GSTBK; Jan 14, 2015 at 3:32 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by GSTBK
There will still be 747s fitted with OF then, so a 747 is not a guarantor of 4 class service.

DEN is going back to 4 class however.
Cannot wait!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by jezzy_o
Hi guys,
Cheers
Ditto

I'm flying DEN-LHR in a couple of weeks and the seat map is 4-class - against the trend from BA Source. Cabin looks fairly full too - I grabbed the last window seat. Not holding out much hope for a place for me in first if this is status based as per Physci's post
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Friederich
Ditto

I'm flying DEN-LHR in a couple of weeks and the seat map is 4-class - against the trend from BA Source. Cabin looks fairly full too - I grabbed the last window seat. Not holding out much hope for a place for me in first if this is status based as per Physci's post
Hi Frederich, when I last flew the DEN route I got 'upgraded' to a seat in first. The check in agent was very clear it was only because I was a OWE, and the cabin itself only had a couple of people in it (even though CW was jammed).

But, you never know, if you ask nicely at check in they may bend that rule. Fingers crossed for you...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by peck
But, you never know, if you ask nicely at check in they may bend that rule. Fingers crossed for you...
just don't bank on it - last time I was on that route and they put a 4-class 777 on they filled the F section with a large corporate group and ignored even the GCHs. It was fun to see a SCH "trying it on" at check-in with phrases like "can I have be upgraded as one of your most important frequent flyers" ....
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by peck
Hi Frederich, when I last flew the DEN route I got 'upgraded' to a seat in first. The check in agent was very clear it was only because I was a OWE, and the cabin itself only had a couple of people in it (even though CW was jammed).
Good to hear. I'm currently a SCH after a quiet flying year, but will be back up to Gold on the outward part of this upcoming trip. Maybe my freshly minted OWE status will do the trick! No holding of breath here though....

Last edited by Friederich; Jan 15, 2015 at 8:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.