Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:58 am

Am planning a tp run to achieve silver on ba before June. I just want to be clear in my head. Am I correct that if I book a say AA domestic flight no on AA metal thru the AA website I will still earn ba tp providing I use my BAEC no when booking? Are there any advantages to using a ba flight no on AA metal or does it make no difference? Am guessing the same rule will apply to all OW carriers if my thinking is correct?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnboy69
Am planning a tp run to achieve silver on ba before June. I just want to be clear in my head. Am I correct that if I book a say AA domestic flight no on AA metal thru the AA website I will still earn ba tp providing I use my BAEC no when booking? Are there any advantages to using a ba flight no on AA metal or does it make no difference? Am guessing the same rule will apply to all OW carriers if my thinking is correct?
Welcome to FlyerTalk johnboy69.

Yes, that's right.

Using the BA flight number you get more Avios, but on AA you can often book into F/A instead of J/I. F/A gives you more tier points.

The rules are similar for the other oneworld carriers but you should check the BA website. Discount economy fares are often excluded.

Originally Posted by benjyyy
The tier bonus in the wiki for US Airways is listed as n/a however on the BA site it says you do get a tier bonus on US...

http://www.britishairways.com/en-de/...-avios/flights
Yes US airways gets the tier bonus.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Keeping Silver Tier

Hello

Under my account it says I need another 40 Tier points to keep Silver status. My membership expires on May 8, 2015. If I cannot fly between now and May is there any other way to keep the Silver Tier?
NP.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NPTalk
Hello

Under my account it says I need another 40 Tier points to keep Silver status. My membership expires on May 8, 2015. If I cannot fly between now and May is there any other way to keep the Silver Tier?
NP.
You can get a two week extension to that deadline if you think it would help. Can't you fit in a quick ET out and CE back to AMS/JER/DUB it he next 3.5 months?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Correct.

If you hit 1500 TPs anytime from 8 July 2015 - 7 July 2016 you will immediately become a GCH for the remainder of that membership year, and you will be a GCH for your next membership year 8 July 2016 - 7 July 2017.

Your status for the 8 July 2017 - 7 July 2018 membership year is set by the TPs you get between 8 July 2016 - 7 July 2017. However, at a minimum you would soft land to silver if you don't get enough to requalify for gold.

If you hit 1500 TPs before 8 July 2015 you will immediately become a GCH for the remainder of this membership year, and you will be a GCH for your next membership year 8 July 2015 - 7 July 2016.
Thanks KARFA
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Welcome to FlyerTalk johnboy69.

Yes, that's right.

Using the BA flight number you get more Avios, but on AA you can often book into F/A instead of J/I. F/A gives you more tier points.

The rules are similar for the other oneworld carriers but you should check the BA website. Discount economy fares are often excluded.

Yes US airways gets the tier bonus.
Thank you Calchas.

I am getting carried away with the tp options and managed to waste an entire afternoon investigating. I was almost excited but then quickly disappointed at the lack of tp using QR CAI DOH EDI in J. It would seem that a domestic USA trip say LAX MIA LAX in domestic F is more advantageous.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you Calchas.

I am getting carried away with the tp options and managed to waste an entire afternoon investigating. I was almost excited but then quickly disappointed at the lack of tp using QR CAI DOH EDI in J. It would seem that a domestic USA trip say LAX MIA LAX in domestic F is more advantageous.
QR should get tier points in C/J/D/I. Do you know the precise class?

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...ing-avios.html

NB CAI-DOH is often operated as a two class aircraft with booking code F/P/A. This would earn 60 points.

You have no idea how much time it is possible to waste. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html for more information.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al

I was almost excited but then quickly disappointed at the lack of tp using QR CAI DOH EDI in J.
That shouldn't be the case and the CAI-DOH leg gives a good TP return because it's almost always coded as First Class. Are you referring to Avios where it is the case that QR flights give a reduced return compared to AA and most other OW carriers?

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jan 17, 2015 at 2:01 am
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Upgraded Biz class with IBEx - TP?

Hi,

Cross posting my question since did not see any response on the IB forum. My upgrade bid to Biz went through for AMS-MAD. Just wondering would I get 40 TP for this with BAEC? (newly upgrade class seems to be U = upgrade class on BA).

Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:09 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Cross posting my question since did not see any response on the IB forum. My upgrade bid to Biz went through for AMS-MAD. Just wondering would I get 40 TP for this with BAEC? (newly upgrade class seems to be U = upgrade class on BA).

Thanks.
Hi nldogbert,

Iirc no tier points.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Thanks.
See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-j-y-tps.html
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Entry and retention requirements: 
600 Tier Points plus 4 eligible flights or 50 eligible flights
The 4 eligile flight, does that include OW?

this is from BA site
You'll need to fly BA at least four times and earn 600 Tier Points, or take a total of 50 BA flights, to move through to the Silver tier.
It specifically says BA flights. So if I do not fly BA, there is no point to join BAEC?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:39 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Thanks for the info. This really sucks. Will need to find another way to get this 40TP since this is what I need to remain Silver.

Of course still hoping that the system screws up and I get the 40TP.

Cheers!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lingua101

this is from BA site

It specifically says BA flights. So if I do not fly BA, there is no point to join BAEC?
Flights on IB with an IB prefix also count.

I would be surprised if BAEC was your best programme if you never flew BA.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by lingua101
It's eligible BA flights. Afaik BA no. on any metal should count towards it.
As an example, my second flight towards bronze was US metal with a BA no. and it's fulfilled.

Just make sure you get 4 BA codeshares and you'd be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.