Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Business Class IL28SALE fares: DUB/CPH/BRU to North America

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nth_utsera_sth_utsera
Welcome to the thread, but please read this bit first

New to the thread? Welcome! If you are asking about obtaining tier points in the current sale, please read the following posts first.
  • from DUB, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - €1140, LAX - €1395, HNL - €1395, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from CPH, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - £804, LAX - £1149, HNL - £1220, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from ARN, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1093, LAX - £1327, HNL - £1479, needs to be booked by 15 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links
  • from BRU, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - £1344, LAX - £1367, HNL - £1465, needs to be booked by 15 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from AMS, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1382, LAX - £1397, HNL - £1532, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links
  • from LCA, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1514, LAX - £1705, HNL - £1958, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links

If your question is not answered there, or you want more help, please do post and join in.
Print Wikipost

Business Class IL28SALE fares: DUB/CPH/BRU to North America

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by pinkcat
Waah, I dont want to go to Hawaii again
That may or may not be a 100% serious post but I do feel very much that way.

Problem is that even if it isn't all about TP's it does pretty much represent the best value in the sale. I've been looking at going to Texas but it's actually more expensive than flying to HNL through DFW. Even Washington is around the same price on my dates and, comparatively at least, quite expensive.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by madfish
See you in Vegas. I arrive late on 28/3 and come back via LAX on 30/3.
Excellent
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Calchas
Even with a full fare F ticket you would be downgraded in the case of irrops.
This is true on any airline however. One can always say no to the downgrade and have them re-route you in available F cabins. This may of course be difficult during a winter storm and also because as Calchas said most F seats get taken by upgraders about 24 hours out (there are exceptions however and on some of the flagship routes like JFK-LAX some premium cabin seats are kept available until the last minute.

As for Y-up fares, yes, these can lead to an unpleasant surprise during IRROPS…

Originally Posted by ringingup
Is it possible to have an itinerary to HNL that does not involve overnight stays throughout the itinerary (apart from any time spent in HNL)?
KARFA's summary above is excellent. I would add on the return that AA do occasionally run a nonstop HNL-ORD overnight which connects nicely to the daytime ORD-LHR. This is not in the schedule at the moment but may come back at some point.

Originally Posted by Jamier45
Out of curiosity, which Island was a lot of Jurassic Park filmed on? That's where my next run will be to, maybe spend 6-7 nights there?
Also some filming for those films was done on the Kualoa Ranch on O'ahu.

Last edited by ExpatExp; Dec 19, 2014 at 2:06 am
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Another one who hasn't read what I carefully crafted together earlier today!!
Oops - soz!
No excuses,
You know, I actually read when it must be ticketed by and didn't register that this meant it ended then, dopey mare that I am
Thank you kindly.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Guest
Did a quick search but couldn't find the answer. J class fares, are these fully flexible/changeable? If so, what is the typical cost?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by ATCO2
Did a quick search but couldn't find the answer. J class fares, are these fully flexible/changeable? If so, what is the typical cost?
Full J is not cheap - most of these runs book into I for the long sectors and J for the exEU connections back to London - does not make the whole ticket flex though
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Does this mean those of us who missed out on the superb MR to Hawaii that was running just a couple of weeks back for flights somewhere around 14th Dec - 11th Jan IIRC, could now do those same excellent £1/TP runs and with a much larger travel window ?

Originally Posted by KARFA
Thank for posting on the sale thread Pet0r.

exDUB IL28SALE

Example prices (based on using BA1-4 and connections in JFK and LAX):

HNL - €1395 (£1096)
LAX - €1395 (£1096)
SFO - €1395 (£1096)
JFK - €1140 (£896)

Bear in mind that as there is a new BA DUB-LCY service which started in October 2014 and there is an early morning arrival in to LCY you can do a same day connection from DUB arriving at 0820 and connecting on to BA1 departing at 0945.

There is also a AY DUB-HEL service starting in March 2015 which you may be able to add in, so DUB-HEL-LHR/LCY-JFK- etc. but I haven’t managed to price it up. Based on previous sales it is likely to add around £60-£100 to the ticket price and DUB-HEL only gets 40 TPs as shorthaul+ is only exUK.

If you do TATL's as non BA codeshares, and also do not optimise TPs you may be able to get slightly lower prices in case you care more about cost then TPs.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Does this mean those of us who missed out on the superb MR to Hawaii that was running just a couple of weeks back for flights somewhere around 14th Dec - 11th Jan IIRC, could now do those same excellent £1/TP runs and with a much larger travel window ?
Yes but you'll need to position to DUB etc

I really struggled to get I on the babybus on alot of dates I tried though....
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: BA GGL
Very slightly more expensive and with an initial side trip to Dublin, but yes, you're still looking at sub-£1 per tier point ^
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I really don't know what to do

I would've liked to go somewhere mid-March, but the sale doesn't cover that period.

Therefore I'm thinking of a solo holiday at the beginning of July. Where should I go?

I'd love to go to California, as I've never been. But that wouldn't make me as close to potentially get gold in my next membership year as a trip to Hawaii would. And I've never been to Hawaii.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:05 am

I really don't know what to do

I would've liked to go somewhere mid-March, but the sale doesn't cover that period.

Therefore I'm thinking of a solo holiday at the beginning of July. Where should I go?

I'd love to go to California, as I've never been. But that wouldn't make me as close to potentially get gold in my next membership year as a trip to Hawaii would. And I've never been to Hawaii.
DUB-LCY-JFK-PHX-Cali and back would be a nice little earner for just over 1k
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by teledude
DUB-LCY-JFK-PHX-Cali and back would be a nice little earner for just over 1k
I'd be looking to have a relaxing break and spend 5-7 nights wherever I go.

A week in Hawaii by myself. Any experiences?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:12 am

I'd be looking to have a relaxing break and spend 5-7 nights wherever I go.

A week in Hawaii by myself. Any experiences?
Not yet but I'll be in Hawaii twice next year for about 48 hours
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by teledude
Full J is not cheap - most of these runs book into I for the long sectors and J for the exEU connections back to London - does not make the whole ticket flex though
Thanks teledude for the mega quick reply! I know 'I' is discounted non-flex, but does that mean the J connecting flights could be changed, i.e.. the return to DUB/BRU/CPH could they be postponed and used as a positioning flight for the next trip?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATCO2
Thanks teledude for the mega quick reply! I know 'I' is discounted non-flex, but does that mean the J connecting flights could be changed, i.e.. the return to DUB/BRU/CPH could they be postponed and used as a positioning flight for the next trip?
No. You are looking at the problem backwards.

The fare rules (e.g., BA INCEURS) determine changes. The fare also determines which bucket or "booking code" you will get for each sector.

The bucket (J, I, A) determines availability.

BA puts you in J on most European flights to guarantee that you have access to the best availability on the aircraft, so that the shorthaul connection is not the bottleneck when you want to buy a transatlantic fare. If J is full you can book into Y instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.