Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What have people booked in the new ba sale?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What have people booked in the new ba sale?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Read "ex" as "originating in".
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ENTP
Read "ex" as "originating in".
As from the Greek "exodus" meaning going out.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
For the first time in 10 years, nothing at all.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
An Ex is something married BA FT'ers have a good chance of obtaining if they take advantage of too many of these BA sales.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, VS Red, AMEX Plat Plus
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
An Ex is something married BA FT'ers have a good chance of obtaining if they take advantage of too many of these BA sales.
^

thanks for the help everyone
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
In answer to the OP, I have no idea which "new" BA sale is referred to.

But we are heading for HNL* on Thursday thanks to one of them

* for £1150 each, BA CW and AA F
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Agreed however I think a large percentage of the TP run crowd are single in any case or as you suggest soon to be single.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by T8191
In answer to the OP, I have no idea which "new" BA sale is referred to.

But we are heading for HNL* on Thursday thanks to one of them

* for £1150 each, BA CW and AA F
Gosh that sounds like a good deal. Will it get you out of silverdom?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I did it. Maui on 11 April.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Absolutely nothing. My regular flights are 3-5 times more expensive in the sales. But hey ho, other sales have been good to me
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
ex Dub to JFK (not via LCY) and back from Chicago for £750 each in CW. We were all set to go for a HNL run, but were pretty date specific and there was only 1 ticket left at the right price and otherwise it crept up way too much.

Quick question for those in the know... I ended up booking this through the US airways site as it was much cheaper than pricing up on BA.com. I know this means no UUA, but we talked that through and decided the flights were too short for first anyway. Is there anything else we may have missed out on because of booking via US?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: BA gold
Well gone and booked another Hawaii trip, DUB-LCY-JFK-LAX-KOA-LAX-MIA-JFK-LCY-DUB for the summer as part of my planned trip to Alaska. ^
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:23 am
THN

Cph-lhr-sea - cw

2 * CPH-LHR-SEA, in Club World in August 2015 - approx. 1100GBP pr. person
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Dublin to Philadelphia to Vegas and back in business (and "first" for the Vegas leg). £3,400 for three of us including car hire. 560 tier points.

If I'd thought about it a little more I'd have probably wangled 40 more TPs into it somehow. Could I have found a way of generating tier points flying directly to Dublin from Manchester or Liverpool?

By the way, am I right in thinking I can use lounges at all three locations for BA or US Airways?

And can anybody see a Vegas lounge that can be used before 11am?

And can I sit in a Dublin lounge for a couple of hours after returning (while waiting for Ryanair)?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL
DUB-LCY/LHR-IAD-JFK-LCY in CE/CW, nested within a LCY-DUB-LCY CE ticket, for a grand total of £1230 and 510 TPs if I have that right.

Got myself on the same flight as Mrs Snuffi to IAD, and we're going to have a nice long weekend in Washington/NYC a deux before I get the Babybus back home and she then spends a week in New York singing.

Awesome, and I get to take the 318 to City which I've wanted to do for a while. Although ex-DUB is a pita, the "saving" vs starting from London is already £1200, and I just now need a couple of cheap nights in Dublin. Or just one if I 'forget' to take my final leg. Best of all (from a vacation policy perspective) I can squeeze a day of work between LCY and LHR on the outbound, and then another between LCY and LCY on the inbound, so the whole thing takes just one day of holiday even with the positioning flights. And I don't get into trouble as now that I am at Heathrow too I can sign us both into the lounge and likely pay for everything stateside as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.