Wiki Posts
Search

Have I missed the window?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Well, the Gods are with us!
In the GLA lounge, I was told 1A was showing as available, nothing else. Didn't move as I didn't want to leave Mrs Geemac all alone.
Got to the LGW Flounge and was instantly re-seated to 3A and Mrs Geemac to 4A.
Most pleased :-)
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by GeeMac
Well, the Gods are with us!
In the GLA lounge, I was told 1A was showing as available, nothing else. Didn't move as I didn't want to leave Mrs Geemac all alone.
Got to the LGW Flounge and was instantly re-seated to 3A and Mrs Geemac to 4A.
Most pleased :-)
Excellent result.
We may need to re-write the guidebook on what to expect in these situations!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks crazy8534!

There was another GCH and his wife, also connecting from GLA, who were moved. He was also watching the seating situation with interest (though not like I did).

I'm looking forward to see what happens on the return on the 5th January.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

To close out on this......

At OLCI today (promptly @ T-24) for tomorrow's BA2166 (TPA-LGW), I was able to choose seats from a selection of (1A/K, 2K, 3K and 4A/K) in the F cabin :-) Kinda begs the question of how the other non-available seats were allocated!

I also wonder why this might not have been possible on the O/B flight - makes me wonder about the fact that I was connecting on to the BA2167 (from GLA), whereas on the return, I'm checking into this flight as the first flight in the itinerary.

Anyway, excellent result all round, thanks BA!

PS Now need to get on with the planning for that ex-DUB to HNL trip for a grand :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.