Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Amex 2-4-1 Long way in advance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:50 am

355 is the earliest seats can be released. It doesn't mean seats will be released on that day. You're aiming for a very popular route. You just have to keep checking and hoping. Maybe no seats will ever be released for that day. Or they'll wait until a few days before, or a few weeks before, or.... etc.

Have you been tracking the route? Have seats been available on earlier dates? Have you looked at other airports in the area?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:14 am
uk1
Suspended

I've always been intrigued when I see the following pop up when looking at a date on the edge of the 355 days:

The web site can only accept bookings up to 355 days in advance. Please contact your Executive Club Service Centre if you need to book for more than one year ahead.
Has anyone ever called and got a redemption more than 355 days or indeed "by more than one year ahead" by calling BAEC?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SEW247

Finally, is there a list of BA Exec Club call centres and opening hours anywhere?
http://app1-baft.rhcloud.com/finder.php
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I think you'll be lucky to get that route so close to Christmas - BA expects to be able to sell the flights to people going home for Christmas.

I've been keeping an eye on that route myself. We're coming back from Sydney in late November and grabbed what was available - which was WT+ from SIN (and first SYD to SIN). CW wasn't available for either leg. However tracking availability for pre Christmas 2014 in the two weeks or so before the flight date, there seemed to be a smattering of seats made available in the higher classes, though you needed to be quick off the mark as they went quickly, not surprisingly.

If WT or WT+ are available, if I were you I'd take that unless you really are not prepared to fly in those classes if you have to, and hope something turns up within a few days of departure.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:07 am

Looks like there are at least nine seats available in CW the previous day and four in F the day before that, which really surprises me. I'd book one of those and hope for the best.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:21 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by louie-m
Looks like there are at least nine seats available in CW the previous day and four in F the day before that, which really surprises me. I'd book one of those and hope for the best.
It isn't clear who you are replying to - and I do not see any 4 seats on BA metal for redemptions in F for any of the times and routes being discussed in this thread.

Can you state the dates and routes you found please?

Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by SEW247
Am looking to fly Thursday 17th Dec 2015 LHR - SIN and nothing coming up
Originally Posted by uk1
It isn't clear who you are replying to - and I do not see any 4 seats on BA metal for redemptions in F for any of the times and routes being discussed in this thread.

Can you state the dates and routes you found please?
Oops. I was replying to the later post by the OP, BUT I misread what he was after. I was quoting availability for SIN - LHR (rather than the LHR - SIN he is looking for) on 15 and 16 December. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up....
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:28 am
uk1
Suspended

Oops. I was replying to the later post by the OP, BUT I misread what he was after. I was quoting availability for SIN - LHR (rather than the LHR - SIN he is looking for) on 15 and 16 December. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up....
Bleedin' troublemaker!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.