Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld First Lounge LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Does that QF bus also leave from TBIT to T4?
The last time I was there, the QF bus was paid for by QF and only for QF passengers. May have changed, but OW status or class of travel made no difference.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by jmccarron
Let's take the following situation. I am flying AA domestic with no connection to or from TBIT. Just a plain old AA domestic flight. I am BA Gold so have Oneworld Emerald status and should be able to visit first class lounges (currently use Flagship at LAX for my AA domestic travel). I finish my meetings early on my next trip back from LA to NY and will have a big chunk of time before my flight. Can I clear security at TBIT (with my AA domestic boarding pass) and use the Qantas First lounge for a few hours before heading over to T4 for my flight (clearing security again)? And I assume I can bring +1 as I can normally with Emerald.

Thanks for the clarification!
My understanding is yes, that at LAX, you're now allowed to access any terminal airside with a valid boarding pass. This is a relatively recent change, and pretty unusual for US airports. I've not had time to verify this, but have read blogs and posts from people who have done what you are describing.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks
My understanding is yes, that at LAX, you're now allowed to access any terminal airside with a valid boarding pass. This is a relatively recent change, and pretty unusual for US airports. I've not had time to verify this, but have read blogs and posts from people who have done what you are describing.
This is correct. Friend of ours was flying out via BA to LHR from TBIT and we were arriving from HNL into T4. He used his BA boarding pass to enter T4 and met us at the gate as we got off the plane from HNL and then we went for drinks in the T4 Flagship lounge.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by dylanks
My understanding is yes, that at LAX, you're now allowed to access any terminal airside with a valid boarding pass. This is a relatively recent change ...
This has indeed been the case since May 2014.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Lost everything during the pandemic, and no more flying to HKG every six weeks (!) so back to AA LTG
Originally Posted by serfty
This has indeed been the case since May 2014.
That is great news. Now let's see if they give me a hard time at the Qantas lounge with an AA BP!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by jmccarron
That is great news. Now let's see if they give me a hard time at the Qantas lounge with an AA BP!
You may encounter some resitance; especially in the evening when the two lounges can get very busy.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Dan72
The last time I was there, the QF bus was paid for by QF and only for QF passengers. May have changed, but OW status or class of travel made no difference.
This is still the same. I asked a couple of weeks back and was told only QF passengers are able to use this shuttle.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
My third visit to this lounge last week. Very good food, well prepared, and good choice of wines and above all excellent staff giving attentive and very friendly service (all of them). I actually prefer this lounge over BA's CCR lounges.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I'm in the LAX Flounge now for the first time and I am very impressed. The food, I had a minute steak, was freshly prepared, cooked right, tender and tasty. I wonder if the steak on the BA282 in F will be as good .

Defintely another thumbs up for this lounge, its better than most and a much needed improvement to the "LAX Experience".
Old May 7, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I also had the minute steak at the LAX F lounge a couple of weekends ago with chips and the Canadian Iced Wine.

Very good.

I will post more comments this weekend.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL
AA schedule changes have turned a sensible 3 hour layover into 7h20!! I'm into and out of T4, however if I have that much time it seems I may be better off heading over to TBIT and using of their more comprehensive offerings in order to kill the time in a nicer place. I am assuming that 7h20m isn't sufficient time to actually exit the airport and achieve anything meaningful in LA, however I note that the beach is very close? And a wetland reserve to the north? And places like these avian offerings, which interest me. Would I have enough time to exit T4, grab a taxi to the beach, have a wander about, taxi back to TBIT, shower, food and then back over to T4?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by snuffi
AA schedule changes have turned a sensible 3 hour layover into 7h20!! I'm into and out of T4, however if I have that much time it seems I may be better off heading over to TBIT and using of their more comprehensive offerings in order to kill the time in a nicer place. I am assuming that 7h20m isn't sufficient time to actually exit the airport and achieve anything meaningful in LA, however I note that the beach is very close? And a wetland reserve to the north? And places like these avian offerings, which interest me. Would I have enough time to exit T4, grab a taxi to the beach, have a wander about, taxi back to TBIT, shower, food and then back over to T4?
Without a doubt you can get out of the airport. First make sure you have got rid of any bags.
Take a taxi and head to Marina Del Rey (close) or Santa Monica (a bit further).
You even have time to rent a car if you want more flexibility. If you are not Avis Preferred (or similar) do sign up beforehand. That will shorten the time from plane to sitting in a car.
I would not consider spending that length of time at LAX!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by steveb15
Without a doubt you can get out of the airport. First make sure you have got rid of any bags.
Take a taxi and head to Marina Del Rey (close) or Santa Monica (a bit further).
You even have time to rent a car if you want more flexibility. If you are not Avis Preferred (or similar) do sign up beforehand. That will shorten the time from plane to sitting in a car.
I would not consider spending that length of time at LAX!
Looking at the proximity of Ballona Discovery Park to LAX and if that would interest you enough to spend 3 hours or so, a taxi is probably the best bet. Even if you want to go to the beach as well, you would still have spent less money than hiring the car. And you don't have to allow time for taking the car back!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by snuffi
taxi back to TBIT
Try and use in LA, they are generally much cheaper and are now allowing pickups at LAX.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Try and use in LA, they are generally much cheaper and are now allowing pickups at LAX.
Indeed. Just spent a week in LA and Lyft kept giving us tonnes of credit. Airport to Koreatown only cost us $9 thanks to $20 of credit (the actual price of $29 seemed very reasonable anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.